HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   dogs running the woods. (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/213242-dogs-running-woods.html)

brad_vanderband1 10-21-2007 04:15 PM

dogs running the woods.

so what do you do about rowdy dogs that run the woods. on my property it was not at all uncommon to see 20 some deer at night or in the morning. the past few weeks we've seen 2 maybe and a few dogs with collars chasing the deer. i have talked to all the neighbors about the dogs and none of them say they match the describsions. so what do you do. my hunting season is going down the drain watching these dogs. can i trap them. i warned each neighbor that if they do have dogs that they better learn how to keep them on there property or i will take care of them for them.

HNI Jim 10-21-2007 04:19 PM

RE: dogs running the woods.

see how the dogs like paintballs hitting thier head.

brad_vanderband1 10-21-2007 04:25 PM

thinking something alittle more permanent,lol

HNI Jim 10-21-2007 04:27 PM

ORIGINAL: brad_vanderband1

thinking something alittle more permanent,lol
wouldnt waste a sharp BH on a dog tho.

nchawkeye 10-21-2007 04:31 PM

Do what I do...Shoot them with a slingshot........:D

gamespooker 10-21-2007 04:33 PM

sutton 10-21-2007 05:08 PM

My Neighbor up my camp has the same problem. Hes has been shoting them with a bb gun but it has done nothing. hes going to sit in his treestand with his rifle and hes gunna shot them andget ride of them i suggest doing the same thing. Its not worth trapping them or putting them through pain just kill them.

nchawkeye 10-21-2007 05:17 PM

I would not shoot anyone's dog...In fact, it is a felony in NC to shoot someone else's dog...

I had a property I hunted a few years back, got pictures of 3 different dogs checking a scrape...I took the pictures to the landowner and asked him if he knew who's dogs they were...He said he did and let the owners know to chain them up during the season...

Now, if they are deer hunting dogs, good luck...Most deer dogs have better blood lines then their owners....

Derag2 10-21-2007 05:24 PM

shoot them if they not anyone close by..... Wild dogs can ruin a deer herd, most the time they kill and leave them lay dont even bother eating them, they just kill for fun, and in the end basically turn into a pack of coyotes, they will join up other dogs and maybe even a coyote or two and you'll have a dangerous pack on your hands. Maybe take some pics and see if anyone claims them.

Schultzy 10-21-2007 05:54 PM

If i seen dogs chasing deer on my property, they would be shot in no time unless i new whose they were! Most of the time i tell the owners aboutit but if i see them again there done. I talked with the game warden about it and he said if you actually see them chasing deer and its on your property, you can legaly shoot them! All states are different with there laws but here where i live law or no law no dogs are going to be ruining my deerhunting!