Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 dogs running the woods. >

dogs running the woods.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

dogs running the woods.

Old 10-31-2007, 06:07 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: dogs running the woods.

I actually believe some people like to kill dogs and use the "they were chasing deer" excuse to justify their actions.
That would be truly one sick MF, IMO.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:57 AM
Fork Horn

I agree with contacting your local animal control for help. Whether they are wild or not I dont think its a good idea to shoot the dogs. Where I live in SD we have had a pack of wild dogs in an area now for a few years. An older gentleman who lives out in that area took a shot with a high powered rifle at what he thought was one of these wild dogs out in a field. He actually ended up killing the neighbors 10yr old sons 8 month old puppy. I wanna see someone carry a dead dog back to a 1oyr old and tell him you shot it.

Contact your animal control first. Dont shoot the dog
Old 10-31-2007, 07:01 AM
Kid
Typical Buck

Three words: shoot, shovel, shut-up!
Old 10-31-2007, 07:59 AM

Dogs are no different than coyotes. If they come within range...
Old 10-31-2007, 10:46 AM

I remember a thread from one of the other hunting forums about three years ago that got into this issue . . . . I think a guy and his wife were fishing in a National Park and let their lab run around off the leash. He got down around the bend where they couldn't see him. Then they heard a rifle shot. Park Rangers saw the dog harassing wildlife and put him down. Then they gave the owners a ticket for dog off leash. This thread got quite a bit of mileage . . . .
Old 10-31-2007, 12:15 PM
Fork Horn

been reading this forum for a long time and never felt the need to post. swamp rooster, kid, and stevencm yall are no better than a someone that steals treestands or shoots deer at night.ethics don't bend and you can't follow or break laws as you see fit. there are ways to stop it. it just takes more effort to do it the right way, but most things do................tony
Old 10-31-2007, 06:05 PM

I disagree. If you make the effort to notify the owner that their dogs are running all over your land that you hunt, then you have every right to shoot the dog. That dog is probably killing other game(young rabbits and turkeys) thoughout the spring and summer, and that is not part of the natural habitat. Where I live, we just recently have had turkey populations which are huntable, and I will not let wild dogs, with or without a collar, inturupt the progress we have made. Dogs like that are no different than looose cats which have destroyed populations of native birds in several states. I do believe states are leaning towards legalizing the killing of wild cats, so why no dogs.
Old 10-31-2007, 06:13 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: stevencm

I disagree. If you make the effort to notify the owner that their dogs are running all over your land that you hunt, then you have every right to shoot the dog.
When you own that land you come a little closer to having a leg to stand on. Till then you are a slob no better than a man that shoots a buck in the dark.

Both are illegal and both are wrong. So are you.[:'(]
Old 10-31-2007, 06:46 PM
Fork Horn

well idk about were u live but around here ppl don't tolerate taht them dogs will go missing but if tehy are chasinng deer keep an eye on kids or u'r dogs i ahd a beagal killed by wild dogs. if it were me i'd c how themdogs like a 80 grain .243 bullet. hit 1 n bet teh other leaves n if any-1 says anything tell tehm lease laws n if tehy don't ahve a collar tehn u mistaked them for coyotes or that they were wild!!!!!1 thats just me
Old 10-31-2007, 07:00 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: BUCKEYEhunter140

well idk about were u live but around here ppl don't tolerate taht them dogs will go missing but if tehy are chasinng deer keep an eye on kids or u'r dogs i ahd a beagal killed by wild dogs. if it were me i'd c how themdogs like a 80 grain .243 bullet. hit 1 n bet teh other leaves n if any-1 says anything tell tehm lease laws n if tehy don't ahve a collar tehn u mistaked them for coyotes or that they were wild!!!!!1 thats just me
I here yer ma calling ,butter git yer selfoffour yer bradr foalks cumacallin tar beein olders rilin fer vitls n stuf.

Quick Reply: dogs running the woods.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.