Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Microsoft supporting the Anti? >

Microsoft supporting the Anti?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Microsoft supporting the Anti?

Old 10-20-2007, 11:14 AM

Default RE: Microsoft supporting the Anti?

Well, I understand what you are saying but do you realize how much we use Microsoft. I mean Windows, internet explorer, various programs, etc. I use Firefox as my web browser but I still use Windows XP. Like I say...can't win 'em all.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:23 AM

ORIGINAL: gobblegetterNY

I cant believe you could say that ducsauce, this a way of life for MOST everyone on this web site and even though a boycott that we establish would be small its still the point, i know i will not be buyin microsoft software in the future. This is one of the worlds largest corporations that we are talking about, if theres someone that can put us hunters down it them. I encourage everyone to stand up for what they believe in.
They are one of the largest corporations in the world, and in the past have basically been called an monopoly. They have such a strangle hold on the industry, your only chance of getting around them is to use other operating systems like Linux. Or just don't buy computers, or software altogether. You strategize a way to overcome them, and beat them, and I will listen until then, they have won the battle, but not the war. I feel there are bigger fish to fry as of right now, and if we can beat the others, then in time the victory will come!
Old 10-20-2007, 11:48 AM

Apple (Mac) is owned by Microsoft, guys. Making a switch would do nothing. The article is in one of the more recent bowhunting magazines, though I can't remember which one specifically. I want to say Bowhunting World, but again, I'm not sure.

The most we could do is have everyone write Bill Gates (seriously). The article listed his address and urged sportsmen and women to write to him and voice your concerns.
Old 10-20-2007, 11:56 AM

Buy a PC and use linux. That's my fix.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:13 PM
Nontypical Buck

Linux is much easier to use now days and you can always open and use the microsoft office formats with Open Office (which is free). I use Ubunto-Linux most of the time. I do use XP as well but I will never buy any microsoft software ever again. Whats the point when there is open source that works just as well and it is free.
Old 10-20-2007, 12:49 PM
Giant Nontypical

i hate the fact that microsoft is doing this .It is beyond stupid

But witht hat said there is no way we can be on computers with out microsoft except for mac which cost more and even forgetthe system cost try finding good software for mac anywhere but a big computer store .

We all need to stand up against this but do we know mac ant doing the same thing
Old 10-20-2007, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

and it is not just computers the xbox alot of electronics are owned by microsoft

lets say you go buy your kid a ps3 or Nin we and buy them a sega made game

microsoft owns 51% of sega games and there are alot of games on ps3 and we that are made by microsoft
Old 10-20-2007, 12:56 PM

im not going to lie i spend more time playing Halo 3 than hunting. Hunting is 1 month thing, Halo3 is a 12 month thing.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM

Its kind of funny because Apple is the company that displays the liberal/tree hugging/anti-hunting theme. Just seems to me like microsoft trying to dip into Apple's market.
Old 10-20-2007, 01:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

i looked at HSUS website there which was full of about 90% things that i do not agree with

but the 10%i did agree with was they are trying to stop people from paying tes of thousand of dollars to go to a fenced ranch and pick which deer they wont to shoot that ant hunting thats called killing

Quick Reply: Microsoft supporting the Anti?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.