Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 General vs. Airbourne 82 and 101...help me decide? >

General vs. Airbourne 82 and 101...help me decide?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

General vs. Airbourne 82 and 101...help me decide?

Old 10-19-2007, 11:02 AM

Default General vs. Airbourne 82 and 101...help me decide?

I've mentioned that I'll be in the market for a new bow this year...I'll be keeping the Switchback as a backup. I love the feel of this bow, but want a tad more speed...along with any other improvements the new bows have to offer. For those who have access and have shot these 3 new Bowtech offerings, how would you decide between the 3. What separates them (with the exception of the General's length)? Question is, you have all 3 and you HAVE to send 2 back. Which do you keep and why?
Old 10-19-2007, 12:26 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: General vs. Airbourne 82 and 101...help me decide?

Tough question as the two Airborne models haven't shipped yet. I am interested in the Airborne 101 as the specs seem fairly forgiving for the type of speed it generates. The new center string dampener should also help with forgiveness somewhat as well.

I have the General and it does produce low levels of noise..no vibration and no recoil with a very large brace height. I chose the latter because of those reasons as it is what I tend to look for in a hunting bow.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:36 PM

For what its worth, I really like all 3 bows as well. I guess without having actually shot any of the three I would have to say that I am leaning toward the "100 worst" (their nickname for those not in the know)for the reason PABowhntr gives. But I am also interested in shooting others bows like the Marquis, Matrin Firecat and Bear Truth 2. I will buy my first new bow in 4 years and it is fun to have so many possibilities.
Old 10-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll let you know. When I purchased my Allegiance there was little doubt that it was the top of the bow lines in my opinion, for me. I had some doubt there would be a bow that could impress me more, when I shot the Guardian, I was more impressed than any bow I ever shot, ever. That speaks volumes. I could never say that about a bow before. The Guardian is that impressive, really. I look forward to shooting the General when it comes, I can only imagine how impressive it will be because of the Guardian. The Airborne models in themselves I will wait for. That kind of speed out of a bow with that brace height, WOW. So, it'll be some time until I can say of the 3 which one would be the keeper if I had to return two. I do know one thing, for me that Allegaince blew the Switchback out of the water, the Guardian impressed me even more, I am sure fired up to shoot the new ones.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:09 PM

Thanks for the info, guys...guess I was jumping the gun on the question. I didn't realize that no one had Airbournes in hand yet. I'll look forward to your thoughts when you have had a chance to test them out.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:13 PM
Fork Horn

for what its worth i own the general and i wouldnt get any other bow, its fast smooth and quieter than could be.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:16 PM

ORIGINAL: Hoytshooter4life

for what its worth i own the general and i wouldnt get any other bow, its fast smooth and quieter than could be.
Come on you wouldn't get anything else until the next"best thing since sliced bread" comes along! It's alright though we are all the same. Enjoy you general.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:58 PM
Typical Buck

The airborne have the same brace height as the x forse? I shot the General, and it was very nice. I do like a bit more speed myself. I want to shoot the2 airborne though.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

The airborne have the same brace height as the x forse?
The 82nd Airborne has a brace height of 6 1/8" compared to the X-Force HF's 6, and the 101st has a brace height of 7 1/4" while still generating speeds of up to 340 fps.
Old 10-19-2007, 04:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Well, I have an Allegiance right now and the General has really caught my eye orI might save some money and go with the marquis with the info that Greg gave me. I did not know the specs on the 101st, and if they are putting that out, depending on the smoothness of the draw, I will get that bow.

Quick Reply: General vs. Airbourne 82 and 101...help me decide?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.