Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Allright Bowtechies >

Allright Bowtechies

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Allright Bowtechies

Old 10-19-2007, 08:36 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Allright Bowtechies

i shot the new bowtech general, and the diamond marquis, and the drenalin all last nite at the pro shop, hands down the marquisstood way above the drenalin quite a bit faster times as smooth and just dead as could be after the shot, needless to say i came home with the general what can i say about this bow other than you just have to expierence it for yourself, its a shorter guardian, smoother and more forgiving (if that is possible)
Old 10-19-2007, 08:38 AM
Boone & Crockett

You can tell the difference in .55 lbs? Man that difference can change with accessories.

The Drenalin is shorter at 33" to the 34.5" of the Marquis. You get a better grip as far as I'm concerned over Mathews bulky grip. One of Mathews biggest downfalls as far as I'm concerned. I've always said that but coming from a long line of Hoyt's...I'm a thinner handle fan.

Diamond is slightly faster, 320 for Mmmm and 324 for the Marquis.

All the Drenalin specs are followed by a (Approx) (could be worse, could be better) the Marquis are not. [8D] LOL

And the Marquis just looks nicer with their camo options.

OH, and let's not forget price.....Fanfare, it's a very impressive bow at a very reasonable price. Why spend money you don't have to. You can upgrade your accessories with the savings.

I hate seeing someone buy a top of the line bow and then accessorize it with unsatisfactory additions cause they want to save. [8D]

Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Nontypical Buck

Good post Rob. The camo options are definitely Bowtech has a corner on. The new Mossy Oak Treestand, OH MY GOD does that look awesome. I think this year, there is going to be competition for the top spot sales wise (meaning among the most expensive bows) and then real competition again in the m id priced bows, $350-$500 bows. Should be a great year for a new one though!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:43 AM
Giant Nontypical

TheMarquis resembles a BowTech Patriot more than anything.... Which was in production aquite a fewyears before Mathews came out with the Drenalin. So if anything the Dren "looks" like a Patriot[/align][/align]So you are saying it is cheaper than a dren..... and faster than a dren.....Has more options than a dren.... is not drawlength specific.... with a lifetime warranty as well?[/align][/align]What's wrong with all that?[/align]
Old 10-19-2007, 08:44 AM
Giant Nontypical

Gr8atta2d - IMO, anyone who blows $800 on a Drenalin is certifiably insane. So, the Diamond is a better value, obviously. But, is the Diamond a better value than the new bear? The new Ross? The new PSE one cammers? The Gander bows?

I'd say no. I'd just lump it in with any other single cam.$650 is a lot of money for 10-year old technology.I guess it comes with a free suppressor.

I'm actually excited to see how the new Airborne bows perform, but I'm totally confused by all the hub-bub about this Marquis. Maybe I'm missing something, but I fear that I'm not.

Also, let the record show that I have NEVER seen a Mathews that actually met it's advertised IBO speed. Maybe the Marquis will actually do it, I dunno. I'll believe it when I see a chronograph picture @ 324+.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:46 AM

Diamond is slightly faster, 320 for Mmmm and 324 for the Marquis.
And just as a side note to that statement......I haven't seen a Mathews shoot it's advertised IBO speed yet. I will admit my dealings w/ them have been fairly limited, but our chrono don't lie. It doesn't care what bow you shoot....I haven't seen one yet....

Hey, what do I care anyway.......I'm not "sponsored" by ANY bow company, so what the??? I'm out.....later dudes.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

I'm with you quik on the drenalin price. Not sure what MAthews has this year for new stuff, but you can bet there is another couple vibration dampeners somewhere. The Marquis is getting alot of praise IMO because it is from a "non Big 3" company, even though it is made by Bowtech, it is still not carying the Bowtech name/price. The new PSE, come on now, surely you jest!
Old 10-19-2007, 08:54 AM
Fork Horn

You may want to check out some of the new PSEs. This year I bought a Firestorm X. I was teetering between a Switchback and a Drenalin, UNTIL I shot the PSE. It blew both of them away.

PSE makes some crappy low end equipment for the entry level market, but they also produce some excellent bows, I own one.
Old 10-19-2007, 08:57 AM
Giant Nontypical

That's the exact PSE bow I was talking about, Mcooo. It really is a nice single-cam. Now get it out there and shoot us a deer with it! [:-]
Old 10-19-2007, 09:06 AM

I grabbed a Marquis at a local Gander mountain and the first thing I thought was it felt heavy for a bare bow........and I have (and still shoot) a Patriot which is not light by todays standards.

I'm sure it's a fine bow but for $650 I just highy doubt it's worth that. With accessories you are at about $1,000. That is a lot of money for an average guy working 40-50/week and trying to feed his family. Plenty of money can be saved with little to no sacrifice in performance with all the options available........The Bear Done Deal is $150 cheaper around here and the bows are VERY similar. Gander also has it's TechHunter line made by Bowtech that look minimally different at much lower prices.

I don't see any reason to buya Marquis right now.........you can get the same if not better bow from other lines for less money and has already been said it offers nothing as far as new technology goes.

Quick Reply: Allright Bowtechies

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.