HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   CHECKMATE! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212824-checkmate.html)

shed33 10-18-2007 08:48 PM

CHECKMATE!

TEAM 43 On the Board! I drilled him tonight 36 yards ( had that brush patch ranged at 35!!!! I hammeredoff the ground!!!!!!! out of my self made ground blind I hunted him almost 1 month ago from where I photoed him!!!! feeding.. Guys I about balled.. .I saw his big dark main beams coming through the tall brush and had him pegged..I knew it was him..he came in so quiet if I wouldnt have seen thosetines and beams I wouldnt have known till he was right in front of me...he was moving leftto right....I drew while he was in the brush...and he stepped rightout..... right on the skid trail in the wide open and turned slightly quarteredto me! When he did I told myself "You better shoot him.." I took 1 second and drilled him...I hit him perfect right behind the front shoulder and it angled back towards his liver..(after finding him) FULL PASS THROUGH>..He ran right at me... got to within 10 yards and finally saw me and then did a 90 to back to his bedding area... I heard him crash 5 seconds later! 60 yards away... Deader than a door nail.. I tried to make myself wait what I figured was 20 min...

I am out the door..to race the temps to get him checked into my local contest..back to skin him and get on for the full story! GOD BLESS AMERICA !

Rick James 10-18-2007 08:50 PM

RE: CHECKMATE!

Good god, that is a heck of a buck! Congrats!!!!

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-18-2007 08:51 PM

Troy, YOU ARE THE MAN! Congrats my friend, with the hassle you were having , you deserve him totally. I take the liver to the neighbors and throw it on their living room carpet...LOL j/k...nothing can take away your elation right now. What a gorgeous animal..

mobow 10-18-2007 08:51 PM

Well that answered that question......Hey guys, Shed33 will be the next one! LOL

WHAT A STUD Troy!!!!! I couldn't be happier man, congrats!!!!!!

Ben / PA 10-18-2007 08:52 PM

Awesome buck buddy!! Sounds like you plan came together....Great shooting too. Way to put it all together for a great buck.

Washington Hunter 10-18-2007 08:53 PM

Congratulations, Troy! With all the crap you've put up with lately, you deserve it!

Bullet Hole Bailey 10-18-2007 08:53 PM

JEEPERS BATMAN!!!! THAS A GIANT!!!!!!

CONGRATS MAN!!!!!

popeandyoungchaser 10-18-2007 08:53 PM

Congrats on a great deer shed!!! Can't wait to hear the whole story.

smitdog 10-18-2007 08:54 PM

Congrats !!!!!! AWESOME BUCK!!!!

shed33 10-18-2007 08:55 PM

guys I have to run, I am so pumped with adrenaline, I was like a kid again.. heres one more pix.. more to come story etc... when I get back in tonight I will put a tape on him after I get back.. Hes a big bodied bastage! OVER 200 lbseasy.. I HAD TO GUT him to drag him up hill..