Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Your Job

Old 10-19-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Your Job

honcho and bloodcreek, you might know my nephew who works for Duke Energy in Sullivan County. Not giving his name here though....lol.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

I actually switched jobs last week. I'm a civilian working at a Military Educational Learning Center, as the IT Admin.
Old 10-19-2007, 01:39 PM
Giant Nontypical

yes, we were two of the fab five, we owned that shift
ORIGINAL: honcho12

Me and bloodcreek work for Duke Energy and have spent many long nights together.

Dink....the other white meat
ORIGINAL: ducsauce

ORIGINAL: bloodcreek

I keep you guys supplied with electricity so you can get on the internet and browse HNI i work at a power plant, 21 years.
Is that I&M for AEP?
Old 10-19-2007, 01:42 PM
Giant Nontypical

give it up coug, who is he? we may have roughed him up a time or two, me and honcho could get a little routy at times
ORIGINAL: Cougar Mag

honcho and bloodcreek, you might know my nephew who works for Duke Energy in Sullivan County. Not giving his name here though....lol.
Old 10-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Nontypical Buck

Chargehand in a woodmill ( in charge of 4 floors of machinery) , its dusty , its old and its a crap job .. Butthe pay is ok, so i stay ... For now .

Always fancied being a game keeper or park ranger , but money is not so good over here and i need to pay the mortgage .
Old 10-19-2007, 03:17 PM
Typical Buck

After a two-year stint in retail management (yuck![:'(]), I went to graduate school, then did economic analysis for some not-for-profits for 5 years. Then I went to the dark side and became a Washington cockroach...er...consultant for a Big 4 spinoff for 5 years. Got tired of working long hours for someone else, started a music-related dotcom that failedand then started my own consulting firm 5 years ago. I work for myself from home designing and analyzing surveys and databases. I'm the only employee...I like the work and don't want the headaches. I work for corporations, non-profits and the Federal Government. I'm the most demanding boss I've had, but also the most flexible, which can sometimes work well for hunting!

Oh, and as far as advice to make good money: Stay in school as long as you can and work while you do, even if it's part-time (school OR work). Always learn; knowledge is your only real security. Always work; white towersare usually part of a really boring fantasy.
Old 10-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Typical Buck

i attend SGI high school!!