HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Important Bowtech General Info (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212739-important-bowtech-general-info.html)

PABowhntr 10-18-2007 01:16 PM

Important Bowtech General Info

Since this situation already happened in my case the powers that be suggested I post this message here on the forums....

Several hundred Generals were incorrectly shipped with the hang tag that reads "No Bow Press Needed". This was a mistake in packaging.
The General cannot be backed down enough to relax the strings and any attempt to do so can result in the limb bolt/s releasing from the riser.
There will not be much pressure on the bolts at this point and nothing will "fly" apart but there is the potential to mess up the threaded section of the riser as well as your bolt threads. In any event it WILL be an annoying inconvenience.
(At which point you will also now need the bow press you should have started with in the first place )

I repeat: DO NOT BACK THE LIMB BOLTS OUT IN AN ATTEMPT TO RELAX THE STRINGS ON THE 2008 BOWTECH GENERAL.

If your bow has a hangtag that reads this , it was attached in error. Bowtech's dealers are being informed of this and apologizes for any inconvenience that it may cause even a single consumer.

Kanga 10-18-2007 01:52 PM

RE: Important Bowtech General Info

Frank.

Maybe this should be a sticky

davidmil 10-18-2007 02:06 PM

Quality control people.... quality control.[&:]

PABowhntr 10-18-2007 05:38 PM

Frank.

I think you are right but, sadly, I have been stripped o' me powers![&:]

;)

David,

Good to hear from you. I was down your neck of the woods this past August and had the opportunity to speak to alot of local bowhunters. A beautiful place to hunt it is.

davidmil 10-18-2007 05:53 PM

You mean Down or UP???? I'm in Upstate NY now. Where were you???

PABowhntr 10-18-2007 05:58 PM

I was down in Ellicott City...what the...when did you move up there?

At least you are closer to one of your favorite hunting grounds if I remember correctly.

But I am getting off topic....;)

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-18-2007 08:58 PM

Brace Height: 8 1/4"
Draw Weight: 50-60-70
Draw Length: 26"-30"
Axle to Axle: 31 3/16"
Speed MOD IBO: 307-315 fps
Kinetic Energy: 77.13 fpe
IBO Smooth MOD: 300-308 fps
Adjustable Let-off: 65%-80%

The General requires the use of a bow press to replace the string and cables and to work on the bow. We recommend the Sure-Locâ„¢ X-press bow press

DEATH FROM ABOVE 10-19-2007 01:19 PM

DavidMil, stay out of Greene county NY, there is enough toilet paper in the woods here already!:D;) DFA

MeanV2 10-19-2007 04:51 PM

ORIGINAL: Ausie-guy

Frank.

To Frank it is a Sticky Subject!!;)

Dan

PABowhntr 10-22-2007 09:57 AM

[8D]Nice...really nice. My "friends" never letup.

For what it is worth I ran to the shop on Saturday and used the press to reassemble to bow. No problem and only took a few minutes. It shoots like a dream now. I had it out on Saturday evening but the opportunity did not present itself. Hopefully tonight...;)