HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Scent Control Plan (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212706-scent-control-plan.html)

mcagney014 10-18-2007 09:28 AM

Scent Control Plan

Heres the deal. I really want to do a lot more scent control, so i figured id tell you my plan so far. Let me know what you think and add any tips. Let me know if i should add something of leave something out. Here it is:
-Shower in scent-free soap, shampoo, scent-less deodorant
-Wash clothes in scent-free detergent
-Put clothes in scent free bag with earth wafers
-Then put bag in a rubber-maid container
-Place boots and pack in the container
-Spray with scent free spray before going out to hunt

mobow 10-18-2007 10:08 AM

RE: Scent Control Plan

Don't put your boots in w/ your clothes.

Spray your hands w/ scent eliminator before handling your clothes.

Wash all undergarments, and all towels you will use to dry off w/ unscented laundry soap.

Remove the earth wafers ( IMVHO, it's best to smell like nothing)

Wear other clothes than you will be hunting in during your travels. Wash them also in unscented detergent.

Dress in the field.

I have a bit of OCD when it comes to odor control. It's almost like work....[&o]

r33h 10-18-2007 10:20 AM

ORIGINAL: mobow

Don't put your boots in w/ your clothes.

This is what I picked up on first. It is something that can easily be looked over, but makes sense not to when you think about it:)

Deleted User 10-18-2007 10:24 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

So.IL_Slinger 10-18-2007 11:04 AM

I do every thing mentioned above but when it comes to putting on the scent free deodorant, tell me if I go to far. Beside the pits I put it behind my knees, bend of the elbow, top of back between shoulder blades, behind my ears, crack of my a**, and my crotch. anywhere and everywhere I think might produce scent or sweat, especially in the warmer weather.

mcouey 10-18-2007 11:11 AM

I do the exact same thing. It makes sense because where you sweat is where scent producing bacteria will grow.

outdooraholic 10-18-2007 11:14 AM

just hope you dont sweat on your upper lip:D

Monie 10-18-2007 11:24 AM

rotflmao!!!!!

JPizzle 10-18-2007 11:57 AM

As far as the deoderant in all the different places, I would put crack of my a$$ after my crothc followed by buya new stick of deoderant each hunt. Thats kind of like reusing toilet paper.

gzg38b 10-18-2007 01:09 PM

ORIGINAL: JPizzle

As far as the deoderant in all the different places, I would put crack of my a$$ after my crothc followed by buya new stick of deoderant each hunt. Thats kind of like reusing toilet paper.
Not if you use spray on deodorant.... I use unscented Right Guard aerosal spray for those regions... It's an antiperspirant and deodorant.