Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Here is the area im hunting. How what? >

Here is the area im hunting. How what?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Here is the area im hunting. How what?

Old 10-17-2007, 07:51 PM

Default Here is the area im hunting. How what?

So im headin out to my usual spot a week from now for four days and i need some advice. Anything below the red line i cant hunt everything is open. The blue box's are hay fields that ive seen alot of deer but the field on the right is the ranchers and he doesnt want us hunting the field its self. But the light blue is a couple creeks that run threw the area and ill be camping where the red square is. Now what i think i should do is hunt the top left of the field on the right by the creek cause i do know there are a few trails heading to the creek, and the other field i think i should hunt the bottom right corner cause there are also a few game trails leading to the creek from the field, but my question is what time of day do you think would be the best to sit at these trails, cause i will be out there elk hunting with the rifle in the area north of the pic for most of the day then either the morning of evening hunt i want to sit on one of the trails but i dont if i should be there in the morning or evening.

Left Field(can only hunt the bottom cause that is where the boundry is

Old 10-17-2007, 07:53 PM

Default RE: Here is the area im hunting. How what?

morning.
Old 10-17-2007, 08:34 PM

Default RE: Here is the area im hunting. How what?

why the morning, is that when the deer will come down to get a drink after feedin?