Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!! >

Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

Old 10-18-2007, 08:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Give Up Hunting?

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Dude.......
There's a world of difference between a "GMMAT Post" and a complete "CHICK POST"[:-]

Please hand over your man card immediately and report to the "Women in Hunting" forum located under the pink tab that says "Thanks for trying out" on the home page.

lol...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:42 AM
Nontypical Buck

You're kidding, right? If you disagree on something like hunting, you have NO long term chance. Let her go now before she grows on ya. That is like a cat person moving in with a dog person. The cats and dogs might get along, but the people have no chance!
Old 10-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Fork Horn

Have ya'all ever herd the old sayin''
' God gave man 2 heads and only enough blood to run 1 at a time." ?????
Man Jim, I can tell which head you're thinking with from here! LMAO
When the head on your shoulders starts to work again it will probably be too late. She'll say it's OK now, until she's got you hook line and zipper, next thing you're married, eating bunny food, buyin'flowers and going to Tyler Swift concerts. (who the heck is tylor swift?) If you have to lie to your spouse and can't be yourself it aint worth it. Just be yourself, do the things you like to do, if it's ment to be then neither one of you will feel as if you have to give up anything in life. There is a big difference between anti hunter and non hunter. My wife doesn't hunt but she's a darn good cook. Sometimes i wish she'd hunt with me and sometimes I'm glad she doesn't, but if I couldn't bring the game home to eat, hunting wouldn't make much sense.
Old 10-18-2007, 10:05 AM

Do yourself a favor and hold onto the things that you are passionate about. If hunting is one of them, keep hunting, as you will end up finding a young lady that will either join you hunting or at least realize how important it is to you and support you.
I do not know how old you are, but I dated/was involved with quite a fewwomen before finding my wife @ 27 years old.
Youngin's, as I was, always in too much of a rush to be in love/lust!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:08 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

ORIGINAL: HNI Jim

Would you ever give up hunting if you really liked this girl that was a anti hunter? Is this too much of a GMMAT post?
Two words:

HELL NO!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:19 AM

Try to make a compromise....My wife's not anti-hunting....she's anti-dead animal hanging in the shed. I pretty much have to butcher anything I kill before bringing it home.

She worked at a hunting supply store in Meeker CO, she thinks she's seen enough dead deer and elk to last a life time.

This all reminds me of a joke.

There are 3 things a woman thinks about on her wedding day.
The Isle she'll walk down. The Alter she'll stand at. And the Hymnn they'll sing.

Isle Alter Hymnn
Isle Alter Hymnn
Isle Alter Hymnn
I'll alter him!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Any chance of converting her? My wife was anti-gun when we met (she was carjacked at gun point one time) and some training and trips to the range changed her attitude. She was neutral on hunting, and even though she doesn't hunt, she accepts that I do (she likes venison too).
Old 10-18-2007, 10:44 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Monie

Would you ever give up hunting if you really liked this girl that was a anti hunter? Is this too much of a GMMAT post?
Two words:

HELL NO!
Wise words from my beloved teamate!
Old 10-18-2007, 10:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If she is just a anti-hunter and not a vegetarian you may be able to convert her over to support you in hunting butyou will have to run a test or to just to make sure before its to late?

Try this? If she eats meat take here outfor a nice steak or even a good hamburger.
Then after she takes a couple of bites ask here how it is? If she says it good thenhere is what you do!

Tell her you killed this cow a week or so back for the owner of the place your eating at,
If she smiles and says its good or ok then maby there is a chance you can convence her over to your side of things!
(But if she blows grocery`s everywherewhen you tell her,
Give it up bud it will never ever work[:-])

Old 10-18-2007, 11:18 AM

tell her you'll give up hunting after this season, she'll be gone before next season regardless, well, i'd see that she was anyway... that way you get what you're after and don't have to give up anything next season...

Quick Reply: Give Up Hunting? Compromise Made!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.