Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Looking for a New Bow >

Looking for a New Bow

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Looking for a New Bow

Old 10-17-2007, 04:45 PM

Default Looking for a New Bow

Hello everyone; I am looking adviceonwhichcompound bow to buywith 50#-60# pull(I wouldn't complain about something that starts at 50# and goes higher) at 27"+ draw length. I have $180 dollars saved and with Christmas and my birthday coming up, $300 or so is my upper limit. I hope for a parallel-limb bow, but anything within my price range with the specifications above would be great. I don't need anything that comes in a package, as I still have sights, a rest, etc. from my old bow.Any and all advice is welcome.

Old 10-17-2007, 05:06 PM

Default RE: Looking for a New Bow

Rapture from Diamond Is a good bow for the money.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:08 PM

Hard to get somthing on that budget, how bout used bows. You can get a better used bow in that price range.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:18 PM

Well, I did a bit of research and I'm thinking about the Bear Element or Instinct. Since the new '08 models are coming out, I can find them pretty cheaply. I also like a couple of PSEs, but like I said, I'm looking into a parallel limb.

@HNI Jim: used bows are pretty hard to find for me; I tried a couple of pawn shops and the dedicated archery outfitters around here are pretty far away.