HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   The Walnut Buck (broke in my new Guardian !) (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212521-walnut-buck-broke-my-new-guardian.html)

Pa Trophy Man 10-17-2007 10:34 AM

The Walnut Buck (broke in my new Guardian !)

Well, to start of lets just say moving sucks. I've hunted the same areas all my life and having relocated about an hour away from home to Chambersburg, PA puts me a long annoying drive away from my favorite hunting areas namely my favorite stand- the walnut tree (the same one that tried to kill me with a walnut to the skull a few weeks ago...[:-]) Anyway, my boss was nice enough to let me out of work early so i raced out of Frederick all the way back up to Dillsburg to hunt the evening. I was absolutely excited because i had the right wind to hunt the walnut tree. I made it on stand by 5:10. While sitting on stand the walnuts were still raining down like little balls of pain. Luckily this time i wasn't struck in my dome piece. About 5:45 a doe burst out of the briars acting extremely nervous, thinking she was spooked by a muzzleloader hunter who was on the neighboring property i slowly stood up anticipating a shot. She took off before i could draw back. Thinking my chances were blown for the night, I about sat down but i heard a stick break so i turned to see the realreason why the doe was so nervous and had trotted off...

Here is the reason

Not a whooper buck my any means but I just had to test out the new bow and putTeam 40 on the board:D

GR8atta2d 10-17-2007 10:39 AM

RE: The Walnut Buck (broke in my new Guardian !)

Great Job! Nice Buck. Where'd ya hit'em, how far did he go...finish the story!!

Deleted User 10-17-2007 10:41 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

Pa Trophy Man 10-17-2007 10:41 AM

Bob,

You can sorta see the entry hole alittle high back around the last rib, the arrow lodged in the opposite shoulder. He only went about 50 yards and dropped- no tracking required. I love it when it happens like that.

mauser06 10-17-2007 10:42 AM

thats a nice one! congrats man!! i love the high rack!! looks like he got some good mass too! awesome!

Germ 10-17-2007 10:42 AM

Well I think we are going to see a pile of bucks go down.

Way to get us started PA Trophy Man

He's got some mass on those bases, nice buck

Jim_IV 10-17-2007 10:43 AM

Congrats, glad you didn't get knocked out!

Canuck33 10-17-2007 10:54 AM

Nice buck, he has interesting mass on the tops

muckland 10-17-2007 11:04 AM

Very Nice... Congrats on your buck..He's a good one..;)

KoBear 10-17-2007 11:25 AM

congrats!

that's still a weird looking bow.