HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212509-kansas-whitetail-taken-double-bull-blind.html)

Kojak248 10-17-2007 09:33 AM

Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind

I wanted to share some pictures of the whitetail buck that my best friend harvested yesterday evening from my Double Bull ground blind. He has shot some good bucks with a rifle but this is his first with a bow.

We couldn't have planned it any better. We set the blind up in a cut feed field that the deer were using to feed. On Sunday night there were three trophy bucks in the field, including this one, but none came close enough for a shot. Last night this buck came right in just shortly after sundown. (shooting hours end 30 min after sundown)It was almost as ifI was just reeling him in. My buddy was able to make a nice, clean 20 yard shot. It was a great to be there and share in this experience.

Now, I might just be a helluva great guy for giving my buddy the opportunity to harvest this deer. Or maybe, I'm a greedy bastard for not shooting this buck because I know that there are two bigger ones on the property.
You decide.:)

130woodman 10-17-2007 09:34 AM

RE: Kansas Whitetail taken from Double Bull blind

Tell him congrat's Nice buck.

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-17-2007 09:35 AM

I like the second picture...Your smilin.:)

Congratulations and very, very nice buck. I love the white antlers and love when a plan comes together. Way to go.

cynikalHC 10-17-2007 09:35 AM

Defenitely a very nice buck by my standards. Greedy or not it is still a nice buck that your buddy got.

mahunter 10-17-2007 09:44 AM

What a deer nice work. I'd say you're a helluva friend. If someone took me to a property where there that was the smallest deer I'd say you still a helluva guy. Thats the deer of a lifetime for around here.

Jim_IV 10-17-2007 09:49 AM

Sounds like a good set up. Tell your friend Congrats!

wvubowhunter 10-17-2007 10:07 AM

Pass on the congrats. And at least your buddy has one, no gaurantee on the other two.

zubba 10-17-2007 10:19 AM

georgous buck. Tell him congrats.

Kojak248 10-17-2007 10:39 AM

ORIGINAL: wvubowhunter

Pass on the congrats. And at least your buddy has one, no gaurantee on the other two.
No kidding! I'm really, really, really hoping I made the right decision. :D

In all seriousness,I've shot several good bucks, both whitetails and muleys, with a bow. The best one is my avatar. Up tolast night,my buddy hadn't been that lucky.So I feel that it was the right thing to do.

HuntingBry 10-17-2007 10:51 AM

Congrats to your buddy on a gorgeous buck, and judging taken from the ground no less.

Now get out there and get one of those bigger ones for yourself so we can see some pics of them too. ;)