Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Would you take this buck >

Would you take this buck

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Would you take this buck

Old 10-16-2007, 09:19 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Would you take this buck

Well of course it all would depend on why you are taking him. If you want a huge trophy then he is not huge but if your hunting for the pleasure of being in the outdoors take him. I believe the hunting experience has changed now its all about trophies and being commercialized. These animals should be taken with respect, diginity and, honored by feasting on their sacrifice.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:43 PM

Looks like it might be two different deer in the pics.
X2
Old 10-16-2007, 09:44 PM

thats a nice deer but hes not legal in my part of pa. he has to have 4 on one side ... but anywhere else hes a decent shooter

Old 10-16-2007, 10:02 PM
Typical Buck

It does look like two different deer. Whether he is a shooter or not you should be the only one who decides that don't let someone else tell you what you should and should not shoot. That being said If he walked by in my woods I would probably let him walk.
Old 10-16-2007, 10:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

During legal hunting hours, absolutely!
Old 10-16-2007, 11:26 PM
Typical Buck

I believe it is the same deer in both pics........if you look at his main beam on the left side it curves up in both pics. I would think he would score somewhere in the 110-115 inch range, and is at best a 3.5 year old............I would only take him out if I thought he would not grow much bigger( but i believe he will) on my property we have a 130" 3.5 year old min. for "shooter bucks"..........so personally I would let him walk..........if you have never killed a good buck before, drop the string on him!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:18 AM
Fork Horn

I dont know where u are located but that is a great buck in much of the country, but the most important question is what do u think? it only matters to you, beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend, I do not know ur situation or what kind of hunter u are but that buck is nothing to sneeze at. with eye points i would shoot him because my county in PA states 4 on one side. But what we say does not matter, it is all on you, if there s no hunting pressure and u think he could make it to next year then i would not take him, my area is way too overhunted and somethingpushing 100 inches is a shooter, i hope u get him man
Old 10-17-2007, 03:59 AM
Giant Nontypical

looked like 2 different ones to me. The 1st looked nice enough to take, but not the 2nd pic.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:15 AM
Dominant Buck

Still would be my biggest racked buck.

Yes. "I" would take him.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Yes...

Quick Reply: Would you take this buck

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.