Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 VS 1 Scents...lets hear some reviews >

VS 1 Scents...lets hear some reviews

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

VS 1 Scents...lets hear some reviews

Old 10-16-2007, 07:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default VS 1 Scents...lets hear some reviews

PRICE IS NOT A FACTOR...when reviewing don't worry about how much they cost, I am just interested in what you think the effectiveness of this new idea would be.

http://bordercrossinglabs.startmystore.com/Category.asp?Category=1

The idea is that the company waits for a doe to come into estrus and takes the vaginal secretion out of the doe, bottles it and sells it. To me this stuff would seem like the real deal. It is not the urine of a doe in heat, it is actually the stuff that gets that buck all ready to roll.

I want to hear what everyone think, and again don't judge the price of it.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: VS 1 Scents...lets hear some reviews

I just bought some in hopes of good results. I have used their deer heard in a bottle and it seems to do well as a cover/cofidense type sent.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

My dad had brought the subject up 4 or 5 years ago saying how he thought that if someone could manage how to bottle that stuff then it would be a scent that could really lure in some bucks. I was surfing through the web yesterday and found this stuff and remembered what he was saying.

The $50 was however what has turned me off thus far, but it seems like if you ration it then it will last for sometime. Will probably stick with my Mrs. Does Pee this year though.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:36 PM
Fork Horn

Its hard to stay away from the price factor but here goes. IMO pee is pee. Now I understand that this stuff is purely vaginal secretion, which MAY make it outperform sometimes. However if youre using the right stuff at the right time it all works. When they collect doe in estrous from a cheaper brand such as Wildlife Research, the pee will contain vaginal secretion as well. It may not be near as much, but its there and the bucks will smell it and respond. Same goes for the middle grade such as Code Blue, vaginal secretion in it as well. Doe's pee will have a different scent when they are in estrous and I believe that the combo of urine/vaginal secretion may for the most part give you more success than just the secretion alone. However Ive never tried it, so I deffinately could be wrong. If you decide to give it a try, let us know the results. My brother and I are going to compare different brands and see which works "best". Brands we'll be using are Buck Bomb, Code Blue, Wildlife Research, and S&P scents. Ill post which works, and I intend to use a different one in the morn. & eve. at different locations starting next weekend. I believe by then some does will beging to cycle. Sorry not trying to steal your thread. Good luck with your descision.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:16 PM
Typical Buck

I have zero confidence in scents nowadays. I have runso manydoes and bucks away from my trees with rutting type lures out, that it makes me sick. I have a pile of does come it my set, get a whiff of this stuff,then head in the opposite direction, often dragging a trailing buck with them. A buddy of mine mentioned the VS-1 stuff to me the other nite, and I admit, it's got my curiosity, but I'm not sure I'm $50/oz. curious. I'm ditching every other scent this year, so maybe I'll give this one my one last shot at using scents.
Old 10-16-2007, 09:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thats to bad Mikey. Every single one of my bucks have fallen because some kind of estrous scent has been used. There have also been many others that have followed my dragline through.

I am constantly using fresh scents. The best I have found so far is the Mrs. Doe Pee brand. I make sure I am always changing the scent out after each hunt so the smell stays fresh and doesnt get that ammonia smell.
Old 10-17-2007, 04:11 AM
Fork Horn

Well I just ordered some yesterday so I will give a review at teh end of the hunting season. I am hunting southern tier NY so I will begin using it around Nov 1st. I have Oct 31st-Nov13th off for vacation so I will get quite a bit of time in the woods to get this stuff tested. Hopefully I have pictures to show you how well it really works!!
Old 10-17-2007, 02:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Good luck MJR10. I think I have made up my mind to order some and try it out during the rut compared to the other that I use.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have had great luck with scents over the years. Was it due to the scent or coincidental? Who knows. I found the trick for me was not to use wally world or dicks scents as I figure every deer for a 100 miles has smell that Sh*^.
I guess the price for the VS is high but not when you figure it into my years worth of purchases. I see that guy on TV pushing it along with deer herd in a stick and remember he was also pushing the mock scrape maker. SO......
Old 10-17-2007, 02:51 PM
Fork Horn

One main thing you need to remember when using estrous scents.

Other does do not want to be around a doe in heat. That is why many times does will run or turn away and leave when youare usingestrous scent. They do not want to get in the middle of bucks chasing them when they are not in heat.

If you are hunting a setup during the peak of the rut where does come first you may want to use a general attactant (non-sexual lure like Trail Bait, Trails End 307 ect.) to bring does in which will hopefully bring in a buck.

If you are hunting a setup where you're hunting a funnel, saddle, or ridge where trying to catch a buck searching for does this is the time to use estrous urine.

Quick Reply: VS 1 Scents...lets hear some reviews

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.