HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Don't Hate me because I'm beautiful!!........ (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212162-dont-hate-me-because-im-beautiful.html)

HighBall5 10-17-2007 02:34 PM

RE: Don't Hate me because I'm beautiful!!........

[/quote]

No clue.........just threw some crap on them for the picture. Haven't fired a shot yet.
:)
The General may very well be the coolest looking bow I've ever seen. I have a feeling I am going to gravitate toward that one. I may change my mind when the Airborne 82nd gets here. Nothing like throwing 340fps+ into the mix to confuse a guy. ;)
[/quote]

Why is bowtech's website down? 340 fps is fast

BigJ71 10-17-2007 02:40 PM

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

Come on Mr Mill jaust say it. MMMMMMMMM had a great idea with the roller cable and suppressors. Lol:D Say it!!
LOL!!

Kanga 10-17-2007 02:44 PM

Why is bowtech's website down?
Cause they are updating it so you guys can drool over your keyboards:D

RidgeFACTOR 10-17-2007 02:48 PM

[/quote]

Mathews may indeed have made a better bow 10 years ago. Only problem is it's still the same bow. Where's the innovation. Mathews, "Catch up If you Can".
[/quote]
What makes the difference if it is STILL THE SAME bow? Why change a good thing?
Mathews: "CATCH US IF YOU CAN" Keep on inovating, you still don't compare to a Mathews...........

BigJ71 10-17-2007 03:16 PM

ORIGINAL: RidgeFACTOR

Mathews may indeed have made a better bow 10 years ago. Only problem is it's still the same bow. Where's the innovation. Mathews, "Catch up If you Can".
What makes the difference if it is STILL THE SAME bow? Why change a good thing?
Mathews: "CATCH US IF YOU CAN" Keep on inovating, you still don't compare to a Mathews...........
Ridge...

I own and shoot a Mathews (Switchback LD) and I think it's one of the finest hunting bows you can buy today. BUT BowTech is a great bow company and they make fantastic bows, there's no getting around that fact. They wouldn't be around still or this big of a company in such a short time if they put out a sub standard product.

No, they have a great thing going and it will only help the archery industry because by advancing in archery technology you only fuel a competitive fire in the other companies...win....win

I might just have to amend this after finding out the General is not offered in a 32in draw........bastards!!LOL!

Matt / PA 10-17-2007 03:27 PM

Hey John,
The new Airborne 101 goes to 31 1/2"!?:D One of those with a string loop and your in like Flynn buddy!
Just think a new design with the new roller guard style and suppressorcarrying speed for yourdraw length in the oh........340 to 350+fps range! (and with over a 7" brace height too [:-]) Plus the ATA length of 36 1/2" would fit your frame better anyway.

I thought your motto was "Go big or go home" ;)

go big brother go big!!

BigJ71 10-17-2007 03:35 PM

ORIGINAL: Matt / PA

Hey John,
The new Airborne 101 goes to 31 1/2"!?:D One of those with a string loop and your in like Flynn buddy!
Just think a new design with the new roller guard style and suppressorcarrying speed for yourdraw length in the oh........340 to 350+fps range! (and with over a 7" brace height too [:-]) Plus the ATA length of 36 1/2" would fit your frame better anyway.

go big brother go big!!
I know but I really.......really like the limb design on the General....and the newcams...wow. That's just a neat looking bow and one of the first to make me think about jumping from a single camto a double (hybrid, binary, cam & 1/2 etc..) cam design.

The speed thing is not a high priority for me...I'm cool with the speeds I'm getting now... I actually prefer it in the 270fps rangebut that's a story for another time.

Rick James 10-17-2007 03:37 PM

ORIGINAL: BigJ71

Hey John,

go big brother go big!!
I know but I really.......really like the limb design on the General....and the newcams...wow. That's just a neat looking bow and one of the first to make me think about jumping from a single camto a double (hybrid, binary, cam & 1/2 etc..) cam design.

The speed thing is not a high priority for me...I'm cool with the speeds I'm getting now... I actually prefer it in the 270fps rangebut that's a story for another time.
You should be looking at a commander then.

Matt / PA 10-17-2007 03:40 PM

But the nice thing is.........you can get those speeds with like a 6lb. arrow. :DHeck just sharpen up a shovel and you should still be in the 260's anyway.

I understand your frustration, many times the long draw length guys aren't left out for cost cutting reasons etc, it's simply because the design geometry will not allow it.

twildasin 10-17-2007 03:49 PM

.....Hate me because the FedEx driver was at my house today. ;)

My 08' Diamond Marquis and Bowtech General........now where is that darn Airborne 82nd??:D
Im thinking real hard about buying one for next year!!:D