Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Snuff Spit?

Old 10-16-2007, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Snuff Spit?

I dip in the stand but ALWAYS spit in a bottle spit on the ground has got to spok deer
Old 10-16-2007, 07:28 PM

I have always dipped in the stand and spit in a bottle, until a couple of years ago. I have never had a deer spook after smelling the spit.when they are under my tree they will usually smell it and then go on about their business. the way i see it, deer don't spook to all foreign smells, but to smells that they associate with danger, in my case there is not enough hunting pressure, or people dipping in the woods to put me in a bad position.just my thoughts on the topic.... a lame excuse to justify a dip of copenhagen in the woods?maybe......
Old 10-16-2007, 07:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

Always "chew" on stand. Grizz Min, Into a bottle.
Old 10-16-2007, 07:38 PM

Well, i c no problem with spittign on the ground, but if your that picky just take a bottle, camo of course lol
Old 10-16-2007, 08:23 PM
Fork Horn

Let's put it this way...the only time I'm not dipping is when I'm sleeping or hunting.
Old 10-16-2007, 08:24 PM
Fork Horn

And I'm trying to quit....by hunting more!
Old 10-16-2007, 08:30 PM

citrus on stand.....no problems yet
with a bottle
Old 10-16-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Last year I chewed Wold Mint..I spit on the ground..never saw a Buck..thats no excuse tho.This year I'm chewing mainly Wintergreen & Straight,but when I'm hunting I like to go with Apple or this Hickory(chewing it right now)....
Old 10-16-2007, 09:07 PM
Typical Buck

Kodiak wintergreen( chewin it right now) or kodiak straight. If im in a ground blind i just spit on the ground. However, i take a bottle of dead down wind with me and spray a good amount on the ground before i do so. Once i take it out, i then spray the dip. Had 5 does and one buck come from down wind of me and as close as 10 yards. They had no idea. I bet that doe was wishin she did smell it or she wouldnt be up in deer heaven right now haha.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:38 AM
Typical Buck

Got an interesting story to add to this thread... took the wife out over the weekend for our opening muzzeloader season, sat with her in a dbl ladder stand. I forgot my spit bottle and had a big dip of Garrett's Sweet Snuff, figured the deer would come from another direction so I spit directly down beneath us for nearly 2 hours when 3 deer walked right under our ladder, I mean right under, they stopped momentarily to smell the spit then walked in front of us 50 yds where my wife put one down. Never showed any signs of being on alert. What a deal!

Quick Reply: Snuff Spit?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.