HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Do you think i scared him really bad (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/212077-do-you-think-i-scared-him-really-bad.html)

BigBuck28 10-15-2007 07:16 AM

Do you think i scared him really bad

ok guys its the MA opener and i had a nice 150 class buck at 18 yards in my funnel...The problem was that he went high of my run. I was holding the bow out in front of me waiting to draw. the buck stayed behind a bush so i dropped the cam back to me knea ever so slowly. The buck then turned put his tail up an made 4- bounds and stood there and then just disapeared. No snorting no mach 5 runiing........Do you think i scared him really bad. .Do you think that spot is ruined and that he wont return....[:@]

BigBuck28 10-15-2007 10:01 AM

RE: Do you think i scared him really bad

anyone at all?

RisnerPSE 10-15-2007 10:22 AM

If it was me and really liked the stand placement i would not hunt it for a week or 2 to let it settle and then give it another shot.

moose1915 10-15-2007 10:28 AM

it's over. ruined! sell your gear and take up bowling.

BobCo19-65 10-15-2007 10:51 AM

Did he see you, smell you, or hear you?

wis_bow_huntr 10-15-2007 11:01 AM

Youll be fine.

BigBuck28 10-15-2007 11:11 AM

The wind was perfect!!! he didnt smell me at all.. i think he saw some movement when i lowered the bow. He didnt snort just kind of bounded off and vanished!!

BTBowhunter 10-15-2007 11:23 AM

Not much doubt that he caught something. Back off the spot for awhile and if you really feel he saw you, change trees. A mature buck (I'm guessing that a MA 150 class buck is 3-6 years old) doesnt often make the samemistake twice. He didnt sound too spooked so he probably wont abandon the area but I'd change your approache slightly. Think about where he came from and where he went this last time andadjust accordingly.

Dont make the rookie mistake of going back every day to the same spot doing the same thing figuring he was there once so he'll be back. Mature bucks learn to pattern you real quick!

fingerz42 10-15-2007 11:23 AM

youll be fine.. no need to wait a week or two.. by then the seasosn will be damn near over, just give it a day or two and he will be back in no time, deer have short memories.. deer arent "smart", they just use their senses VERY wisely..

burniegoeasily 10-15-2007 11:52 AM

Sounds like you didnt spoke him. He just didnt want to be there at that time. He will be back. If you see him all depends on if you happen to be there when he is. With all that said, I guess it also depends on how you left the place. I assume you didnt stink the place up and snuck out like you snuck in.

Just dont over hunt the area. Only hunt when the wind is right.