Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Any ideas on what happened to this doe??? >

Any ideas on what happened to this doe???

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Any ideas on what happened to this doe???

Old 10-14-2007, 05:25 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Any ideas on what happened to this doe???

I had asituation wheredoe snared herself in a woven wire fence with a strand of wire on top. She had dislocated her hipbefore I was able to cut her away.She didn't use the leg for about a year, but eventually started walking on it and the muscles re-built. She survived many years - she hada distinctive track, two toes poked in the soil.I watched a big 8 ptr tend her one fall from my treestand, giving them both a pass.She would usually have twins. More evidence on how tough deer are. Check out the ankle, I called her Gimp:
-fsh

Old 10-14-2007, 10:32 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any ideas on what happened to this doe???

ORIGINAL: wyliescrib

you say that these pictures are a few months old?if is so how does she look now in relation to then.... if shes better let her go if shes worse then let the arrow go....nature has a way of taking care of its own....of course if she is in obvious pain then i would shoot her .. but if it just uncofortable for you to see and she is taking care of herself then let her go.... appentaly she raised a fawn even with a bum rear end...
having said all that, you are on the sceen with more valuable info so i would say its your call...
When I saw here yesterday she seemed to look healthier as far as weight and coat. She had a fawn with here. However, she still did not have use of that leg. It looked as though like that leg will never be used.