Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Trail cam pics of a buffalo >

Trail cam pics of a buffalo

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Trail cam pics of a buffalo

Old 10-14-2007, 08:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Trail cam pics of a buffalo

I posted this a couple other places, but figured I would here as well since some guys are only on this site.

So my buddy and I were leaving a farm last weekend. We were driving past a field land that leads down into the farm and saw a large animal. Since it was dark and the animal was walking away from us, it was hard to make out just exactly what it was. We figured it was a lose cow since we had seen one up the road the night before, but I noticed it was a very very large cow and joked by saying it was a buffalo.
We continued down the road and received a phone call from another buddy that had checked a trail camera on that farm earlier in the afternoon. He was going through the pics and saw a couple nice bucks, but at the end of the card there were two pics of a huge animal. Definately not a deer. A BUFFALO! What we saw walking down the lane actually was a buffalo. He is a monster. Anyone know how to field judge one? What does it have to score to make P&Y? Just kidding!
Apparently there is a farmer a few miles away that has some buffalo on his farm and he regularly has a few get lose and doesn't bother trying to corral them back. There may be more than just this one running around on that farm.
Anyways here are the pics. I would love to get some video of this guy walking past, as long as we're in the stand. I want nothing to do with him on the ground!

Old 10-14-2007, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Default RE: Trail cam pics of a buffalo

I have no idea how to judge them, but that one looks pretty darn big.

I definitely wouldn't want to run into him while walking through the woods.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:10 PM

That's freakin awesome!! Better get the bazooka if you want to go after that one! That's bad!!
Old 10-14-2007, 03:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

He looks pretty mad he got his picture taken in the second one there.

Ryan.
Old 10-14-2007, 03:24 PM
Giant Nontypical

he would not be on my farmvery long lol

i know in ky you can hunt buffilo year round

if you ever see one they do have abig herd over by land between the lakes southwest ky

Old 10-14-2007, 03:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Can you get some kind of nuisance tag for em.....or would you even need one?
Old 10-14-2007, 04:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

The way the regs read, they are not listed under protected animals. Animals that aren't governed by a season and aren't protected can be killed with the landowners permission.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:04 PM
Fork Horn

id be going buffalo huntin'. since the laws dont say that you cant hunt it, why not put some awesome meat in the freezer. A couple county's from me some pigs got turned loose and eventually went ferral, alot of hunters took advantage and put some pork in their freezers. I missed out however.
Old 10-14-2007, 06:31 PM
Typical Buck

We had a similar occurrence a few years ago on our farm. It was pretty cool for a while until she started tearing down fences. She would normally jump over the fence, but she would occasionally just tear right through it. It was a pain in the a$$ fixing fence all the time. It escaped from an indian reservation about 5 miles away. We contacted them and they said it would be too much trouble trying to catch her and they didn't want her. We decided to shoot and butcher her because she was becoming a nuissance.

It was not as easy as you would think. This thing was wild as can be. We finally caught her in a small woodlot and did a drive with several guys and finallyshot her. It was kind of sad when we went to gut her, she was carrying a calf that was almost fully developed.We got over that quickly, the meat was awesome!!
Old 10-14-2007, 07:15 PM
Giant Nontypical

Awesome!

Quick Reply: Trail cam pics of a buffalo

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.