Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Jay Gregory Splitter Buck >

Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

Old 10-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Jay Gregory Splitter Buck

I remember when I first got the Outdoor channel, Jays show was one I always enjoyed watching.. Man has he killed some brutes.
Old 10-16-2007, 01:43 PM
Banned

Bradkozis correct in that if you've got the property and the finances, a 190" buck really isn't that big a deal anymore

I mean, its a huge buck, but bucks like that are common on highly managed properties, the question becomes can you afford them or not ?

If that was a public land kill, or a non-managed property kill, I'd be stunned. As it is ? Its just another one of the big manmaed bucks that Real Tree, Jackie Bushman etc takes each and every year
Old 10-16-2007, 01:52 PM
Typical Buck

not to bad...for a ranch[:'(]
Old 10-16-2007, 01:56 PM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: Big Duane

Bradkozis correct in that if you've got the property and the finances, a 190" buck really isn't that big a deal anymore

I mean, its a huge buck, but bucks like that are common on highly managed properties, the question becomes can you afford them or not ?

If that was a public land kill, or a non-managed property kill, I'd be stunned. As it is ? Its just another one of the big manmaed bucks that Real Tree, Jackie Bushman etc takes each and every year
I hate to break it to you guys, and I hate hunting shows. If you look at the deer these guys take on average I would guess 140-160 is the norm.

You seldom see 190 deer taken, now I have seen Bill Jordan miss a few
Old 10-16-2007, 02:02 PM
Nontypical Buck

It's just not fair that the guy has access or ownership of enough land that he can grow big bucks. Well actually it is fair and I'm just jealous that I have to hunt beaten down public land.
Ican't imagine there is a soul here who does not yearn for 600 acres of deer woods to call his own.
Someone blurted out "ranch". Is that really the case or just more sour grapes.

Old 10-16-2007, 05:46 PM

thats a nicein
Old 10-17-2007, 07:25 PM
Fork Horn

im not sour and man i cant get over how bad people are against me on this one.

so you know i actually did hunt for a show for twp years (we were to build footage and then theyd give us a spot) so we spent two years of filming and hunting PA and NJ (this is where we were to be broadcast) we got lots of film and ill admit that part is hard. ended up the owner of the company who we thought to be a good friend sold the internet company that was starting us off with three storys a month on there home site and took all his TV contacts with him. funny thing now is someone has a tv show named what we were had (woods and water).

i know the need for sponsors but if you cant see this for what it is then ,well your stupid. this guys shoots deer like this just about every year along with his buddies the drury brothers. owning lots of land with some plots would be awsome. these guys dont have to do anything but hunt and plant stuff to grow deer to shoot later so they can farm the land however they want. they also use products that have been proven to increase rack size and body weights. so if your proud of some guy who doesnt give two craps about you shooting a deer like this good. my opionin is save the praise for those who really deserve it, fellow hunters on this site who take deer.

oh and for those saying i couldnt get a deer like that well your right. ive hunted hard and killed 5 of my last six bucks falling in the 120s and to me and people in this area there big bucks but not a 190 sorry i must be a really bad hunter and just sour over his huge buck.whatever. there was a guy on here from PA who took a monster with his recurve and had a awsome story to go with it. thats who i give my congrats to people like that.