Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Men, I need your help >

Men, I need your help

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Men, I need your help

Old 10-12-2007, 03:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Men, I need your help

Troy,that is just twisted! What the heck is wrong with people? With all that country out there they have to be crowding you and breaking your chops.It doesn't make sense.I know you wont do any thing rash.Be dilligent and follow the letter of the law.After you meeting with the landowners,you of course have to honor their wishes.
These guys while holding responsible positions are idiots,they have a lot to lose and should be reprimanded as a result of their actions.Trespassing,purposely ruining someone's hunting as a public employee should be career suicide!
Good luck,you have everything in your favor,hopefully these bozo's are not politically connected.It is very disturbing to hear about this kind of stuff!
Old 10-12-2007, 04:47 PM
Fork Horn

Get your game cams and check them. Check the picture numbers to make sure they're not tampered with.

Also, start moving the game cams and start doubling/tripling them over each other... leaving one obvious and one way above, hidden in the trees. (disable the flash on the hidden one so they dont find it)

If he's messing with your hunting, I'd bet he's messing with your property. he obviously doesnt have much in the way of morals.

Start carrying a camera(video and/or still digital). Post signs at the property boundary that they are on serveillance cameras( i think you have to post a sign about it in most states if you're going to try to take pictures of it)....

Contact a local hunting organization for a good landowners legal representative (lawyer), if not your landowners lawyer.

If you're like me, you prolly aint got $300/hr layin around, but it would be worth it to me to nail the jerk to a legal tree.

If you can't tell, I've got a bit of a vindictive streak...... I can think of much more interesting things to do, but you said keep it legal.... (not to mention ethical)...

Good luck and keep us posted
Old 10-16-2007, 12:51 PM

Cuz... WOW!!

I'm a day late and a dollar short on this thread, but once reading it I immediately looked up some laws. Two links that popped up were these:

http://fishandgame.idaho.gov/hunt/rules/bg/law_new.pdf
http://www3.state.id.us/cgi-bin/newidst?sctid=180700008.K

From what you say, you have the right to tresspass these guys as the legal representative of the land owner. Not sure if that land is marked up with signs and floresant paint, but I think it needs to be to be completely legal for trespass. One part in the Idaho laws states that it is illegal to interfear with a legal hunt, so if these choads did indeed run off the game, then that would be a violation, unfortunately hard to prove.

I was totally bummed when I read this thread. Makes me want to come up and sit on your land when you are out working as a "legal representative"...
Old 10-16-2007, 01:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Thanks to everyone... We have the entire place posted.. even though I only hunt a portion of it. The landowners sons hunt the rest for elk.. I stay out of their area just out of respect even though they give me full rights on any of the land. The landowners made the right phone calls this weekend and had me put up even more signs even though it is thoroughly painted. My landowners said if need be legal action will be enforced. I was really happy to hear that they backed me 100% as a matter of fact they treat me like a relative. I can't complain.

I saw morewhitetail movement in there this weekend than I have seen all of SEPT an early OCT ..a good sign. I took several photos of bucks walking under a couple of my other standsites..from my position and had a few nice younger bucks under myself as well. I didnt see the big boys and pray they havent been poached.. I dont think they have, they are pretty careful and would be after having so much human odor in there.

For now I have my digital infared cameras all set out for humans instead of hunting purpose..I also like Dave mentioned will have my digital camera with me 100% ..if I see someone sneaking around, I can zoom them in clearly out to 300 + yards now...I will take photos first ask ?'s second ..

Like I said, no real proof other than catching the one guy in there that state he "had permission"........ NOT ... Hopefully they will follow the wishes of my landowners... and the woods will get back to normal..

Thanks everyone for all your info and support.. You guys are a class act when a guy is in need of help..
Old 10-16-2007, 01:37 PM
Site Buck Guru

It just goes to show you how much jealousy is connected with this sport.

Shed, ship those guys to my house, I'll dispose of the bodies. What they did commands a capital punishment.[:@]
Old 10-16-2007, 01:46 PM
Bartender

GregH lets do that in Illinois they have capital punishment. Right into the big pond pal
ORIGINAL: GregH

It just goes to show you how much jealousy is connected with this sport.

Shed, ship those guys to my house, I'll dispose of the bodies. What they did commands a capital punishment.[:@]
Old 10-16-2007, 02:01 PM

In Missouri, we have this law.

Interference with lawful hunting, fishing or trapping in the first degree--penalty.
578.151. 1. It is the intent of the general assembly of the state of Missouri to recognize that all persons shall have the right to hunt, fish and trap in this state in accordance with law and the rules and regulations made by the commission as established in article IV of the Constitution of Missouri.
2. Any person who intentionally interferes with the lawful taking of wildlife by another is guilty of the crime of interference with lawful hunting, fishing or trapping in the first degree.
3. It shall be considered a violation of this section to intentionally harass, drive, or disturb any game animal or fish for the purpose of disrupting lawful hunting, fishing or trapping.
4. Interference with lawful hunting, fishing or trapping in the first degree is a class A misdemeanor.
Old 10-16-2007, 02:25 PM

The most amount of "bang" for your buck here would be to contact the Governor's office - let the heat come down from above. The reason these guys feel empowered to do what they are doing probably indicates contacting their immediate supervisor is a waste of time. Go right to the top. And get the media involved. Nothing like a little channel 11 government coruption story to stir the pot.
Old 10-16-2007, 04:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

That is horrible man. Nothin is worse then people tresspassing messing up your hunting and your shot at a mature deer. Ive had to deal with it a lot over the past few years and its just so hard to take care of and get rid of.

Ive thought about having the conservation department come out and set up one of there big bucks and look for people spotlighting, but i dont think that would help you out Troy.

I hope you get all this figured out. Guys like that really mess things up and make it seem as if your wasting your time in the stand!

Good luck bud!
Old 10-16-2007, 05:49 PM

I don't know where you are from, but in michigan what they are doing is called hunter harrassment. In this state, and being a police officer I know, it is illegal. They could be brought up on misdemeanor charges. What you should do is get some evidence that they are harrassing you. Take pictures of movies. Document all that they are doing. In addition, have the land owner pursue tresspassing charges. Contact their employer, and local law enforcement. I had similar problems in the past and got them worked out that way. Also, if you think they are poaching contact your local DNR or game warden. If the officer is worth his salt he will look into it and start an investigation. Good luck buddy.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.