Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA antler restrictions need changed!! >

PA antler restrictions need changed!!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA antler restrictions need changed!!

Old 10-15-2007, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: PA antler restrictions need changed!!

I dont know where u are comin from but the buck have never been bigger on my property and i havent seen a drop in number of buck on my cameras, im just north of pittsburgh, the best thing that the pgc ever did was put the antler restriction in
Old 10-15-2007, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

To you guys screaming bad genetics,I have a question for you.Are you seeing the father and grandfather with the same "genetically big 6 pt.rack" running around your place also.I mean if it's all genetic shouldn't you be seeing more and older big 6pt racks? Just because you see a buck without brow tines does'nt mean his offspring will.IF that were the case you would see a lot more freaky racks.
Old 10-15-2007, 05:02 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Steelcity

I dont know where u are comin from but the buck have never been bigger on my property and i havent seen a drop in number of buck on my cameras, im just north of pittsburgh, the best thing that the pgc ever did was put the antler restriction in
I couldn't agree more! Iwatched a perfectly legal 6pt come in at 10yrds Sat night. I made no attempt to take this buck. There are bigger around, I've taken bigger, and the rut is coming up!!Where I hunt, it's strictly archery, so letting lesser deer walk can only help the local herd. AR, best movePa evermade.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Fork Horn

so let me get this straight... this buck I'm chasing would be illegal to shoot if he were in PA? keep in mind he has no left Brow tine

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2382450
Old 10-15-2007, 07:09 PM
Nontypical Buck

How do you fix you ask?Dont shoot the 1.5 buck 8pt. Wait till he's 3.5 or older.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:17 PM
Fork Horn

if he has four on one side then you can shoot him, i cant tell from them pics if he has a brow tine or not, part of the state is three on one side, but youth hunters to age 16 can shoot any buck including spikes if they want, so worse case you help a kid out and ut him on a big six so come on everybody wins, ANTLER RESTRICTION NEEDS TO STAY, at this pace within a few years you will be seeing 140 class buck as commonplace in PA
Old 10-15-2007, 07:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I'm not complaining at all. Just pointing out what I think is going on with this buck. Search some of my other posts and you will see the bucks I have running behind my house. I was just pointing out that I think in this case it's bad genetics or possibly an old buck on the downswing. For all the 'rights' with AR, this is one of the 'wrongs' but I'm ok with it. I was just giving some food for thought, that I can't shoot a 24" wide siz point, that is obviously a mature deer.

I choose not to shoot 1 1/2 year old deer, but that's my choice. I passed several of them last year. Haven't had much time to hunt yet but would do so again this year if given the opportunity. The man who taught me to hunt (my Dad) is perfectly happy with a 1 1/2 year old 7 point. In fact, he shot one tonight. For me, I want the big mature buck but that's my choice.
Old 10-15-2007, 08:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

Here in missouri only the northwestern part of the state in under AR. Unfortunately my county is not. I wish the entire state was. And even though my county isn't I still abide by it on all the properties i hunt.

If i had 3.5 six pointer and basket rack six... Let em both go. the 3.5 has alot of potential left. Its not that big a deal if I can't kill one deer. The population is alot bigger than that in our state.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: YJRR

so let me get this straight... this buck I'm chasing would be illegal to shoot if he were in PA? keep in mind he has no left Brow tine

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=2382450

and to answer your question In the counties in missouri that are under AR you could take that deer. Missouri states that the buck must have at least 4 points on ONE side.
Old 10-15-2007, 09:46 PM
Nontypical Buck

Most of the land mass of PA is three points on any one side. Some areas are 4 points to any one side. Everything needs to stay as it is, except maybe making the whole state 4 points on any one side. I would vote for that.

Quick Reply: PA antler restrictions need changed!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.