Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 bowhunt during firearm season? >

bowhunt during firearm season?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

bowhunt during firearm season?

Old 10-12-2007, 01:24 PM

Default RE: bowhunt during firearm season?

I think he means that it is more ethical to take an animal with a gun and well it is kind of true, and well if a gun does kill it faster is mroe ethical or not. Im not saying bwhunting is not ethical but hey faster kill less tracking.
Old 10-12-2007, 01:32 PM
Typical Buck

The only time I don't use the bow is opening weekend of gun because I do a rifle hunt with friends/family and then one other weekend in late Dec they have a special doe day with a rifle. The rest of the time I use a bow. Actually last year during the doe day I brought my bow to in case one came in close enough.

Prefer bow anyday.
Old 10-12-2007, 02:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

I do. Its the best time of year to hunt here in MO
Old 10-12-2007, 03:23 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: SDarcher

If I still have an archery tage to fill and have already filled my rifle tag(s) I will definately be ou there with the bow
In Missouri we can't use our Archery Tags durring Firearms Season,but we can use a Firearms Tag.

big rockpile
Old 10-12-2007, 03:32 PM
Typical Buck

I bow hunt during the gun season since the gun season is during the rut here in MN[:@].
Old 10-12-2007, 04:01 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: rookie51

Nope, put myself at that disadvantage, my main goal in huning is to harvest a deer as ethically as possible. If gun season is in i am using my shotgun. But I enjoy bow season more, less hunters and i really enjoy the callenge.
I think what he's tryin to say is that his goal is to put meat in the freezer, and do it ethically. Not necessarily that a scattergun is more ethical.

It's a hunters perogotive what they want to hunt with. Dead is dead.

Though I will say this, any device that is more capable of a quicker cleaner kill(the suposedly mythical bang-flops), more consistantly, can arguablly be more ethical.

Since accuracy is key to taking an animal ethically, any device that one is more accurate with(at the same given distance), can arguably be more ethical.

You guys said it yourself, Bowhunting is about the challenge.... challenge=more difficult right? Why is it more difficult? Think about it.

Bottom line is, hunt how you want to... just make sure it's legal.... If you like hunting a certain way, then do it.

Oh, and I havent bowhunted much in the past during gun season. My hunting time is so limited( 6-9 days this year, if I'm lucky), the goal is to put meat in the freezer... If I fill the venison order in the first day or so, I'll go sit with my bow for the rest of the trip.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:17 PM

In Georgia you can bowhunt anytime of the season you just have to wear orange vest. I usually hunt with rifle during rut, dont want to miss that opportunity of a lifetime if a buck is a little out of range for a bow.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:33 PM
Typical Buck

I hunt Wi CWD zone and it is legal and yes I do bowhunt during gun season...................I don't gun hunt at all anymore.
Old 10-12-2007, 04:50 PM
Banned

Default [Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]
Old 10-12-2007, 07:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

The State Park that I hunt is archery only.

Quick Reply: bowhunt during firearm season?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.