Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

i need help

Old 10-10-2007, 03:31 PM

Default i need help

i am shooting a diamond the edge 25" draw at 50lbs. i can shoot 1 1/2 inch groups at 20 yards. I cant hit with my boadheads. I just shot the cheap walmart ones. My arrow drops and doesnt even hit the target. what do you think i should do

Old 10-10-2007, 03:36 PM

Default RE: i need help

There could be a multitude of problems. Improperly tuned bow, incorrect arrow selection, and though it shouldn't make that big of a difference at 20yds, broadhead's are far heavier than the field tips you may be using. My guess would be bow tuning though. There are several great threads on how to tune your bow correctly, otherwise eastonarchery.com also has a very good bow tuning guide. Good Luck!
Old 10-10-2007, 03:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Numerous possibilities. The first things that came to my mind is if you are shooting the same weight practice points as broadheads as well as broadheads fly differently. The other was said by burbaust99 is tuning your bow.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:43 PM
Typical Buck

I practice with the practice broadheads that come with my Muzzy 3 blade 100s, just to make sure that I shoot on the hunt what I practice with. Broadhead targets cost a little more and wear out quicker, but I think it's worth it.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:53 PM

i shoot 75 grain field points and broadheads . and i shoot goldtip xt hunter 3555 arrows do you think i should get better broadheads

Old 10-10-2007, 06:25 PM

If your bh's and fieldtips are the same weight, it is most probably a bow tuning issue/ correct arrow issue. Take it to your local shop and have them help you out there getting that thing tuned correctly.