Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads? >

Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I am for what Jeff is doing with these threads
59.06%
I am not for what he is doing with these threads
10.74%
I could care less
30.20%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

ORIGINAL: shed33

Most wouldn't have the"stones" to post with the brutal honestly Jeff has shared with us.

I read them all.
x2. I learn a lot from them, usually.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:17 PM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

The “Every Shot” threads were an idea I thought up a few months back. I thought I could learn from each arrow loosed….and I thought it would be interesting to see that someone would actually report on each one, honestly. I don’t think our internet personas match our real-life ones, sometimes. I wanted it to be “real”.

Little did I know it was going to be such a tough go. But…I have truthfully (sometimes painfully) told of each shot….and what ensued, afterwards and before. I learned some things….some others likely learned through my mistakes. The last thing I learned from them is…..I don’t need to keep doing so….if it’s simply a punch line in someone’s joke arsenal. Whatever happened to just skipping over a thread?

It was real, though. I appreciate all those who supported what I was doing….but I think (know) it’s run its’ course, for me. Back to hunting being “personal”. I found out how involving others in my hunting could be when I invited some guys to shoot does in my woods.A select fewunderstood and accepted, willingly.....others ridiculed the gesture. End result....I now hunt, alone.

Good luck to all. This can die, right here.
jeff, you seem like a good guy. Never let anybody talk you into not doing something like this. This is the internet, I can decide to skip over your stories if I choose.

Old 10-10-2007, 03:46 PM

Nevermind. It's just not friggin worth the hassle anymore.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: outdoormafiaKP

ORIGINAL: shed33

Most wouldn't have the"stones" to post with the brutal honestly Jeff has shared with us.

I read them all.
x2. I learn a lot from them, usually.
Further, I can look at this a differant way and say:

I could learn just as much from many people telling stories of wounded deer or hard track jobs on deer than just one, I guess I'm indifferent.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

I think it started out like Babe Ruth pointing to the fence. I also think it turned into a humbling learning expierence for Jeff. There is no room for arrogance in hunting live wild animals. Personally I think Jeff has matured as a hunter. With his athletic background (baseball, golf), at high levels, its easy for a guy to think hunting would be much the same. You have to tame that competive edge with deer hunting, thats what makes this sport (passion) so unique. There are no slam dunks until the deer is in your hands. People do learn from his thread but most of all and best of all Jeff has.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:59 PM
Site Buck Guru

I guess I'm for it because it plainly shows that it's not as easy as it sounds. To keep doing it after making some painful mistakes take a lot of courage. His honesty demands respect!
Old 10-10-2007, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

End result....I now hunt, alone.
Well Jeff, if nothing else, you've learned the way to inner peace when it comes to bowhunting, and in my opinion, future success. I won't bowhunt with even my best of myfriends. Black powder and gun are for "buddies". Most folks ain't got the doodads to talk about the "horrors" of their hunts, just the successes. Your posts have been entertaining, and I personnally can see you growing as a hunter.Obviously, I'm not alone. Good job, good luck, and knock em'dead.By the way, I'm 0 for 1. I could blame it on the 90 degree heat, sweat drenched cloths, and maddening biting bugs as I'm drawn, but still it means no meat in the freezer.

Dave
Old 10-10-2007, 04:38 PM
Fork Horn

I think the journal posts are great. It's like the radio dial folks, if you don't like what's playing, change the channel.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:17 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: GregH

I guess I'm for it because it plainly shows that it's not as easy as it sounds. To keep doing it after making some painful mistakes take a lot of courage. His honesty demands respect!
Its allabout location ,location ,location ..

Of the arrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:47 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: MOTOWNHONKEY

I think it started out like Babe Ruth pointing to the fence. I also think it turned into a humbling learning expierence for Jeff. There is no room for arrogance in hunting live wild animals. Personally I think Jeff has matured as a hunter. With his athletic background (baseball, golf), at high levels, its easy for a guy to think hunting would be much the same. You have to tame that competive edge with deer hunting, thats what makes this sport (passion) so unique. There are no slam dunks until the deer is in your hands. People do learn from his thread but most of all and best of all Jeff has.
Great post, Chris.....

Quick Reply: Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.