Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads? >

Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.
View Poll Results: A poll
I am for what Jeff is doing with these threads
59.06%
I am not for what he is doing with these threads
10.74%
I could care less
30.20%
Voters: 149. You may not vote on this poll

Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Old 10-11-2007, 03:59 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

ORIGINAL: HuntingBry

I replied I could care less. The reason being is I enjoy Jeff's posts and take take them for what they are. On the other hand, it gets irritating when the holier than thou crowd piles on and says what a bad hunter he is, that he is using poor ethics, how they would never do that etc. It just takes something enjoyable and makes it not worth the trouble.
That right there is why I don't blame for not doing it anymore ... even tho MOST would like him to continue ....
Old 10-11-2007, 04:00 PM
Boone & Crockett

I'll be honest I might be to weak and shoot the 170.

NYbowhunter, Even if I drove him by your stand??[8D]
Old 10-11-2007, 04:13 PM
Fork Horn

I'm sorry guys, I evidently have missed GMMAT's posts. It's unfortunate, because I love hearing how other peoples hunts went. Regardless of the negatives. Guess what, bowhunting is quite possibly the apitomy of life itself. Highs and Lows, it is what it is. poo happens. Get over it.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't it within the rules of this here forum not to harass other members? I know the whole internet thing might give you some empowering sense of anonymity, but that is no excuse to treat someone any differently than you would treat them face to face. I've seen how bitter people can get on this board, and I've probably been guilty of getting a bit beligerant with some of my posts. But bottom line, dont insult people. Have a reasonable, enlightened discourse and preserve the sanity and enjoyable atmosphere that have made this forum what it is.

Say what you want, but be mindful of how you say it. You're right to spew foul, loathesome, ilk, does not trump common sense, good manners, or just plain common decency.

Or as my mother would say, "If you can't say it nicely, KEEP YOUR ()*&^)&% MOUTH SHUT." [&:]

The same goes for any other debate, disagreement, or fued within the hunting "community".
Old 10-11-2007, 04:21 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: GMMAT

You're right, Rybo. So we have 6 of mine, one of yours and one from twilsdain.

Good luck with that longbow. I'm hoping to hunt with mine, next season......if the practice works out good. Keep us informed.
I also said I would, and have reported 1 arrow, even if it was at a turkey!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

You're right to spew foul, loathesome, ilk,
What the heck does ILK mean?

Old 10-11-2007, 05:30 PM
Host of Hosts

I'm for it
Old 10-11-2007, 05:37 PM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: NY Bowhunter

You're right to spew foul, loathesome, ilk,
What the heck does ILK mean?

I thought that meant, "type of", or "kind"
Old 10-11-2007, 06:16 PM

Wow, these long threads are really starting to kill my eyes.

I am for it. I am a relatively new hunter, and I have learned a lot from these threads.

When I first went bow hunting last year, the guy that I went with, a friend for almost 30 years, gave me some good advice. He said, "Mike, you better be really (epletive deleted by poster) sure of your shot because a wounded deer can travel all freakin day." Then he told me some horror stories of very long tracks that he has had to do.

Because of that advice, I passed on a pretty good sized doe last year. I had my arrow drawn, and she was in my sight. She was just about 15 feet out of my comfort zone. I never took the shot, and after reading Jeff's posts, I'm glad I didn't.

I also learned humility when that same doe walked in the next night and busted me when I tried to stand up to take the shot. I realized that this isn't as easy as it looks. I think a lot of us newbies can learn quite a bit about ethics from these posts, even if it is from some of the criticism.

On the other side of the coin, I do think that some of the posts are fuel for the propoganda machine of the anti-hunters. I have had some experience with them, and I can tell you that they will go to any lengths to make us look bad. They love to see us bash each other because it makes them feel justified somehow.

Jeff needs to do what he thinks is best. If you feel that you are taking too much heat, then by all means stop before it gets to be a burden on you. There is no reason to turn a passion into something that depresses you.

Old 10-11-2007, 07:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that what Jeff has been doing is a great idea, it keeps a bowhunter accountable. If there is a flaw, it is with how people respond to it.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:35 PM
Giant Nontypical

Jeff .....do you see the % for ..........

uh, just wondering .....did you go hunting today, and if so, how'd it go

Quick Reply: Do You Support the "Every Shot" Threads?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.