HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Got A Problem... (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/211316-got-problem.html)

MartinJaguarArcher 10-10-2007 11:46 AM

Got A Problem...

Alright well, I hunt on a lease with about 2/3rds of the 240 acres being open land. For the past two weeks the land owner has decided he was going to make the open land into a cow pasture. He has been running a dozer and a tracter about three days a week putting in fence posts and grading a hill. So far allot of the work being done is close to my stand and feeder. I checked my game cam and the only thing that was on there was about 5 pics of a dozer going by over the course of 2 weeks. It looks as if they are close to being done with the work but, what i want o know is how this is going to affect the hunting and the deer movement in my area? Should i consider packing up and moving to the other side of the property? I am very worried.

cales0822 10-10-2007 11:50 AM

RE: Got A Problem...

not in okla is it?

MartinJaguarArcher 10-10-2007 11:52 AM

No, in northwestern NC

Copper31 10-10-2007 11:54 AM

We put a pond in the weekend before season and have done touch ups here and there and it has not been an issue at all. If anything it has helped.

BowHuntingFool 10-10-2007 11:56 AM

I think you be fine. The deer know whats going on, so to speak, they'll be around after the work is done!! I use a tractor plowed my plots and dug a hole for a pit blind I put in. The when I went back to the hole the next day their were deer tracks in the hole! They are not to worried about machinery!

densfbs 10-10-2007 11:59 AM

Check the loose dirt for sign, I can almost bet they are still in the area. Deer are curious by nature and if they do not feel threatened they will not be going anywhere.

LittleChief 10-10-2007 12:08 PM

Where I was hunting last week, every day there was track-hoe and dozer working going on around my stand during the day. It had been going on for about a week before the season opened. I still took two does and passed up some smaller bucks. They're still there. Every morning there were fresh deer tracks in the dozer tracks. It's almost like the deer are curious to see what's going on.

MartinJaguarArcher 10-10-2007 12:40 PM

I have noticed a ton of tracks through the clover plot which is about 100 yards away from my area. It is looking like my climber stand, feeder, and the food plot is about to become part of the pasture. Will the cattle run off the deer?

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-10-2007 01:11 PM

Most likely yes but mainly because of the fence. Although the fence will be easy for the deer to navigate, most likely they will learn and begin to skirt it. I see this on a farm I used to hunt that had high tensil fencing around the pasture. We hunted corners which acted as funnels for the deer. The deer RARELY crossed the pasture.

wv bow hunter 10-10-2007 07:53 PM

If any thing it could help you out a bit since they are used to peolpe doing work around the area