Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PA opening day buck of MY liftetime!!!!!! A long story worth the read >

PA opening day buck of MY liftetime!!!!!! A long story worth the read

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PA opening day buck of MY liftetime!!!!!! A long story worth the read

Old 10-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: PA opening day buck of MY liftetime!!!!!! A long story worth the read

That's a great looking buck ,a buck of a lifetime . Congrat's on a great job and a great deer .

nubo
Old 10-10-2007, 08:52 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: PA opening day buck of MY liftetime!!!!!! A long story worth the read

First of all, great job. Congrats.
Second...It is certainly funny how Pa is becoming the envy of the hunting community, all the while we have groups sueing for injunctions against the Game Commission. One minute Gary Alt is hanging from the rope, the next he is getting a bronze bust. So funny.
How many PA bucks got on the cover of any of the hunting magazines only a few short years ago? Now we have features ona couple every year. I have always thought that PA had some good genes and tough deer overall. They simply were never allowed to reach their potential. Check back through the B&C, see how many came from PA in the past. Does anyone think that B&C recognition was a dream we could never realize? Silly narrow minds, that's all I can say.
I hope the drying gods go easy on your buck and he makes the book. It's gonna be close. Good job documenting the hunt for him. You are a magazine editors dream. I hope to read your story in N.A. Whitetail or equivalent. It will make me proud of the battles we have fought to get here.
Old 10-10-2007, 09:13 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, that is a dandy!
Old 10-10-2007, 09:18 PM
Nontypical Buck

Beautiful buck and a great story. Congrats!
Old 10-11-2007, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Awesome deer man. Congrats!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:34 AM
Typical Buck

Congrats on tha great buck!!
Old 10-11-2007, 04:56 AM
Boone & Crockett

Congratulations. That is one dandy buck. PA definitely is producing again this year!
Old 10-11-2007, 05:18 AM
Fork Horn

That's an awesome Buck and an Awesome story. You may hunt the rest of your life and never be able to top that but at least you have had the opportunity to get a buck of that caliber in PA that are very few and far between.
I've been a big supporter of antler restriction and was practicing it before they made it law. Here's proof that it works. Great job!
Old 10-11-2007, 06:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Pennsylvania is turning into a bruiser state. What a great story also. Love it when you want a deer so badly and it all comes together.