HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   New hunter - am I normal? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/211299-new-hunter-am-i-normal.html)

eman1200 10-10-2007 10:26 AM

New hunter - am I normal?

Hi everybody. First forum I've ever been on. 37 year old guy from NJ who started hunting earlier this year...got my first turkey with my 12ga 11-87 (ok, a jake actually... but see post "Be Proud of What You Shoot") this past May and my adrenaline is STILL pumping from the hunt! Kudos to my boy Matt (life long hunter) who took me and showed me the ropes, he didn't even bring his gun, he just called 'em in!

About a month ago I picked up my first compound ever, a Parker BuckHunter XP (will have a few questions for u guys later about it). Been practicing with it and hitting some pretty good groupings.

I guess my question, or post, is why can't I focus on anything except my first hunt? I mean right now I should be working instead of typing in this forum...but I am SO DAMN PUMPED to go, I can't wait! I feel like a kid who knows he's getting a new bike for X-mas or something, this is insane! I have read a ton of your (extremely helpful) posts on this site and feel like I'm pretty well prepared, but I just can't wait. Is this normal?

Ok, I feel better now...not sure if you veterans are laughing it up right now, but I had to get this off my chest.

Happy hunting everyone......now back to planning my hunt. I mean back to work.

Kanga 10-10-2007 10:28 AM

RE: New hunter - am I normal?

Welcome to the forum.

Yes it is normal or abnormal which ever way you want to look at it:D

goherd1111 10-10-2007 10:30 AM

Yes its normal. If I ever lose that feeling I will quit hunting.

BowHuntingFool 10-10-2007 10:31 AM

After your first hunt you only focus on your second hunt, after that hunt, the third and so on and so on.... get it?? Your normal like the rest of us!!!!!!

Welcome aboard!!!!!!!!!!

BowHuntingFool 10-10-2007 10:32 AM

Man I can't wait until the morning hunt!!!!!!!! See what I mean![8D]

DannyD 10-10-2007 10:32 AM

Welcome,
Opener is this Saturday and I have 3 days vacation following that. It's only Wednesday and i'm about useless in my office right now. So, I would say you are about as abnormanl as the rest of us

wvubowhunter 10-10-2007 10:33 AM

Welcome to the forums. Normal to hunters, abnormal to all those who just don't understand. If you thought the turkey was an adrenaline rush, Just wait til you get that first deer with a bow.

mauser06 10-10-2007 10:36 AM

welcome aboard!! hope you stick around!!

goherd nailed it for me. if theres a day i loose that feeling, i am done hunting. i hunt because thats what i love to do. if i dont get that excitement, anticipation, adrenalin, etc, why would i bother hunting?? just would loose its meaning and point. i been hunting almost 10yrs now. this is my 9th season to be exzact. spring turkey makes my 10th season...i dont care what it is im hunting...i still get excited.

eman1200 10-10-2007 10:44 AM

wow, ok guys, thanks for the quick feedback! hopefully I'll be posting some pics soon!

wis_bow_huntr 10-10-2007 10:55 AM

I hope I never lose that feeling. Youre normal. Have fun and good luck and be safe!