HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   What are your deer eating, now? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/211256-what-your-deer-eating-now.html)

GMMAT 10-10-2007 06:11 AM

What are your deer eating, now?

I know what they're just now getting on.......

HAZCON7 10-10-2007 06:19 AM

RE: What are your deer eating, now?

:eek: Running out of things to post huh?

Austin/WI 10-10-2007 06:21 AM

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

LMAO!! Kinda what I was thinkin....

I have no clue what my deer are eatin, I haven't been able to get out and hunt or scout in a few weeks.

GMMAT 10-10-2007 06:22 AM

No hazcon....I've been saying all year that I couldn't wait for them to get out of the beans and on the acorns. I just thought the variety of acorns(I picked these up in a 20' circle) was interesting.

Sorry you didn't.

peakrut 10-10-2007 06:25 AM

Bingo!
How the hell do I know I am stuck at work no idea what they are eating right now;)

ORIGINAL: HAZCON7

Rick James 10-10-2007 06:26 AM

Definitely acorns, as well as food plots. My 130 acres is a long belt that is probably a half mile long, one side is almost entirely focused on the plots, the other side is the acorns and hickory.......

mauser06 10-10-2007 06:29 AM

our deer (or oaks) must be different than yours Jeff. im thinking maybe the oaks drop earlier up here.

i know when my farmer buddy says he isnt seeing deer farming or coonhunting i know that means one thing. they are in the woods hitting the acorns. sure a few still hit the beans or corn...but they are mainly eating the acorns. when he said that the night before opening day, i knew not to hunt my lockon i had hung. good area...still see deer there i bet. but they would be moving through there..not eating there. i was walking through the spot i hunted last year and it was raining acorns. good thing i carried my climber in just incase...theres where i hunted. seen 2 bucks there thus far. definently a good year for acorns around here...

buckmaster 10-10-2007 06:40 AM

:DIt sounded like a hail storm in my woods this week:D

wis_bow_huntr 10-10-2007 06:44 AM

acerns!

Copper31 10-10-2007 07:05 AM

Acorns and apples. They are cleaning all my apple trees off as far as they can reach. I do know what they are not eating. The expensive food plot that I put in over the summer that my wife said " they are not going to eat that when they have all that other stuff to eat".