Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Spiders!!!

Old 10-10-2007, 04:57 AM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Spiders!!!

Goodtimin86,
those bats were not attracted to your light, nor would they have run into you. They were almost certainly attracted to the bugs that were flying to your headlamps. The bats fly off off a sort of radar. They might get close but they will never hit you. That old saying, "Blind as a bat" is almost true. They don't have great eyesight, but they can use that radar to pick out a moth or skeeter flying 30 feet off the ground.

That said, spiders don't scare me, they just give me the heebeejeebies.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I friggin HATE spiders!!! The only thing thats ever made me scream like a school girl. They just creep me out for some reason, even more than Germ creeps me out! lol
Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Bartender

Amen
Old 10-10-2007, 05:26 AM
Giant Nontypical

How bout this one. I was bitten by one of these when I was younger, almost lost my leg and almost died. I never knew I was bit till i went to the bathroomand saw my foot was swelled up like a balloon. I was then rushed to emergency surgery to open the wound to drain the posion that with in minutes spread up my entire leg and slowed my heart rate down to almost nothing. This is a spider that needs to looked out for in most parts of the US, Including Wi.

The Dangerous Brown Recluse Spider. Be careful. Bites, from the Brown Recluse are dangerous and can have permanent & highly negative consequences.
They like the darkness and tend to live in storage sheds or attics or other areas that might not be frequented by people or light.
If you have a need to be in your attic, go up there and turn on a light and leave it on for about 30 minutes before you go in to do your work.
Old 10-10-2007, 05:30 AM
Bartender

Oh yeah that spider is so nasty. I would not want to be a male black widow spider.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:00 AM

My dad when he was about 5 (he is 71 now) was bitten by a black widow on his.... Male appendage. Grandma rushed him to the Doc. He lived only Grandma wanted to show all the neighbors because no one had ever seen a black widow bite.

Dad still wishes they could have left the swelling....

I find those big yellow and green ones facinating. So pretty and the webs they make are intricately woven patterns that are very efective in catching breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Can't remember who it was said about killing them, but I had always heard that if you kill one it's mate will come looking for you. Something about the scent left behind and their acute sense of smell. They are just looking for their mate so don't worry when they crawl up on you they are just looking for their loved ones. Unless of course it was you who did the deed.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:05 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: pigiron

you never know you ran into one until the web stretches around your face and the banana spider(wish I new the real name)is grasped around your nostrils.
AHHHH why ... why would you say that... thats horrible....
Don't mind snakes, mice, or anything else but i HATE spiders.... glad i am not the only wussy here...hahaha
Old 10-10-2007, 06:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

ORIGINAL: Slo-Pitch

you never know you ran into one until the web stretches around your face and the banana spider(wish I new the real name)is grasped around your nostrils.
AHHHH why ... why would you say that... thats horrible....
Don't mind snakes, mice, or anything else but i HATE spiders.... glad i am not the only wussy here...hahaha
I hated that description!!!!! MOMMA!!!
Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

if you guys want to see what that brown recluse is capable of go to youtube.com and type in spider bite in the search function......... nasty
Old 10-10-2007, 07:14 AM
BKE
Fork Horn

We have these damn "banana" spiders(or at least that's what I call them)in the fall here in Jersey. They're as big as golf ball, and sit in the middle of their webs that stretch as far as 10 ft or so in between trees. It's down right horriffic, and you never know you ran into one until the web stretches around your face and the banana spider(wish I new the real name)is grasped around your nostrils.
That's why I probably look like an idiot walking in (when it's dark) and out (even in the light), waving either a 3 ft. long branch or an arrow in front of me. They are all over here in our woods and even when it's light you sometimes don't notice them.

Quick Reply: Spiders!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.