Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews or PSE?? >

Mathews or PSE??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews or PSE??

Old 10-09-2007, 05:36 PM

Default RE: Mathews or PSE??

well i would let the person try out the bows and just buy the whole setup for them, but i would go with pse for a begginer but also try fred bear there bows are very good for begginer or experienced in my opinion with a good price.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:46 PM
Fork Horn

I would recomend a cheaper used bow for a first time hunter!, chances are he will enjoy and stick with it, there is also a chance that he will drop it completely then 700.00 to 1500.00 dollars is lost, you could sell it but you will only get a fraction of that back!. Also, a used bow wont hurt as bad when stupid things happen and itneeds to be repaired, you know "newbi" mistakes!.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Check out Mission Bows(made by MATHEWS)also,check the fred bear line--they are very well made at a very fair price.jmho.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

First time hunter, Don't shy away from Diamond by Bowtech. Nice quality decent price points. I agree with the other guys. Take the hunter with you and go to a shop that has a range so that they can shoot and see what they like the best.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:53 PM

how are all not the same....speed are just about the same around 320??? overall look are apealing??? split limb vs solid...preference??? smoothness they might very slightly(but thats the cam)??? accurace depends on the shooter not the bow??? forgivness they are forgiving varing slightly...quality they are all built good??? grip ..depends on shooter??? string catchers??? they are all getting them now... where it depends on their patent(cant use others)....single, double, cam 1/2.....preference....price all about the same

so please tell me how they are not equal!!!
it is all about preference and how it feels in YOUR hand and LOOKs to YOU
Old 10-09-2007, 07:55 PM

oh i forgot they are ALL pretty dann quiet
Old 10-09-2007, 08:08 PM

Mathews has a new economical line of bows called Mission X3. My bow shop sells them for around $325. The shop owner said they'll whip most high end bows.
Old 10-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BooneAndCrockett

PSE is my favorite out of the two, its less money and you get a great bow.

Im with you on this. Ive shot Mathews and PSE side by side and i liked PSE much better, thats why i shoot PSE. They make great bows and have better prices.
Old 10-10-2007, 02:52 AM

Ideally I'd say tell the little monster you are getting him/her a bow then take them and have them shoot a bunch to get a good feel for which ones they like. I personally really love my Mathews. It shoots smooth as peanut butter. I have owned several bows and went to shoot probably 10 different one when I was shopping for this one. It surpassed every expectation I could dream of.
Old 10-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Bartender

Go try a few more out and see what feels most comfortable to you. Remember mid range bows work great, dont break the bank if you dont have to.

Quick Reply: Mathews or PSE??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.