Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Mathews or PSE?? >

Mathews or PSE??

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Mathews or PSE??

Old 10-09-2007, 03:18 PM

Default Mathews or PSE??

I nedd opinions please! I am looking to purchase a new Compond Bow for hunting. From the above mentioned brands what are the pros and cons of each brand. I am not too concerned on price as it is going to be a x-mas gift for a first time Bow Hunter. I am looking to put together a whole "kit" so to speak, so any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:33 PM

Default RE: Mathews or PSE??

don't limit yourself to just two brands... there's about 10-15 other brands out there worth investigating as well... go shoot 'em and decide which one you like...

i see you mentioned "first time"... you sure you wanna drop that kinda coin on a newbie??? a full boat top-o-the-line hunting rig could cost you as much as 1500 bucks (all in)... and since this is for someone else (it seems anyway), you might wanna just get a gift cert to the local pro-shop and take them down and let 'em choose...
Old 10-09-2007, 03:35 PM

all top line bows from each manufacture are equal........just get one that looks apealing and has a nice feel
Old 10-09-2007, 04:11 PM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: mus_stang

all top line bows from each manufacture are equal........just get one that looks apealing and has a nice feel
I completely disagree, with this last statement. Every top of the line bow maker has there own, often patented "Niche", it's what makes them all interesting. Some people want speed, some want la forgiving brace height, some want it to me quiet. Some have nifty string catchers, or split limbs,narrow limbs....etc. I think most of you guys see my point. the buyer need to get an idea what they are looking for in a bow and go to the proshop and shoot them all, and narrow it down to one.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:12 PM
Fork Horn

PSE is my favorite out of the two, its less money and you get a great bow.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:18 PM

I would definately check out the bowtech/diamond line but out of those two mathews without a doubt.

rick
Old 10-09-2007, 04:27 PM
Nontypical Buck

I've had both. I was shooting a PSE Firestorm Lite a couple years ago and just switched over toa Mathews Switchback XT and let me tell you, there is no comparison, the Mathews bow is 100% better. This is coming from a man who has shot nothing but PSE's for the last 25 years. When they say the Mathews are forgiving, they weren't lying. It's quick, quiet and smooth. As far as I'm concerned Mathews is the best bow, friends have Hoyt's and a few of them have switched over to Mathews after seeing mine. Bows are like trucks in alot of senses, some people like Chevy's, some Fords and some Dodges......it's what suits your tastes and fits you that matters.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

don't limit yourself to just two brands... there's about 10-15 other brands out there worth investigating as well... go shoot 'em and decide which one you like...
I'd say more like 4 or 5 worth testing and trying out, the others are a distant (and I mean distant) .......ways away.
Old 10-09-2007, 05:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

It sounds like your buying it for someone else..
I would take whoever you are buying the bow for and let them decide if money is not a concern.Let them try alot out that way they are happy and you gift is a success....
Old 10-09-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

of the two i would go with the mathews the pse is a good bow for the price but if it is not price i would pick the mathews . i have shot both and i much prefer the mathews

Quick Reply: Mathews or PSE??

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.