Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 alright need you help for school >

alright need you help for school

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

alright need you help for school

Old 10-09-2007, 02:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default alright need you help for school

me and another hunting budyy are assigned to do a debate on hunting against 2 anti hunters. we have to prove hunting is good and not bad. what are some thoughts and ideas we should mention we have a few in mind and they must be apropriate for school.

thanks so much for your input.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: alright need you help for school

pm sent
Old 10-09-2007, 02:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

replied but i dont have an email account
Old 10-09-2007, 02:45 PM
Giant Nontypical

Childers...A couple of points...Most folks today live in the city...They have no idea about what it takes to put food in the grocery store...My family owns 3 farms in eastern NC...We raise peanuts (sell them to Planters Peanuts in Suffolk, VA), wheat, corn, soybeans and cotton...A deer eats 12-15 pounds of forage a day, I have seen 40-50 deer feeding in our crop fields during the summer months...If you owned a store and somebody broke in every night and stole from you then sooner or later you would have to put an end to it or you would go out of business....We control the amount of deer we have on the farms...This meat does not go to waste, what my family doesn't use, we take to families that can use...They really appreciate the extra food...Hope this helps...Good Luck...get an A...
Old 10-09-2007, 02:51 PM
Nontypical Buck

i hope i get a good grade. thanks. i like that idea i never thought of it that way.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

one would thing i can think of is herd control showthe good thing that come from herd control .

show what happens from over sized herds i.e. diesease car crashes inbreeding.so on

show how you get a better food sorce from the wild show all the stuff they pump into meat now adays

one issue i know they willbring up is the fact that in the wild west days the anaimals more then most the deer and bufflo were near wiped out how theywerekilled and there plats taken and the meat left .

You need to show how this was not hunters but high price companys paying commercal trappers. So how the animals have grown and done so well since controled hunting
and do not forget a big issue that huntingand even fising gets people out of the house and helps reduce obesity i know since i started hunting ithasgotme out of the house 80% of my free time
Old 10-09-2007, 02:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Remember to use logic and not emotion. When your opponents use emotion point out the lack of logic.
Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah heard control was the thing i was mainly thinking about. but i like the inbreeding parts and the rest. thank you so much i appreciate everything
Giant Nontypical

Another thing, do some research on the Wright-Pittman act. You will find a powerful tool there.

Population control. Hunting seasons and bag limits are set by wildlife biologists for the health of the heard.

The typical comeback to this is that will take care of itself, which you can rebute by pointing out that an animal is killed far more humanely by a hunter than by nature, be it predator or desease.

Quick Reply: alright need you help for school

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.