Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 alright need you help for school >

alright need you help for school

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

alright need you help for school

Old 10-09-2007, 02:56 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: alright need you help for school

ORIGINAL: txjourneyman

Remember to use logic and not emotion. When your opponents use emotion point out the lack of logic.
great idea
Old 10-09-2007, 03:12 PM
Giant Nontypical

Here's a project to do with the class from Project WILD. I hope I can explain it.
I had 16 people in the class. I pulled one aside and put 3 as "deer". The rest (12) were "habitat".
The 3 deer had to hold up a hand sign for food/water/shelter and the "habitat" folks did the same. Then the "deer" ran to the habitat and matched up with them and brought them over to the other side. They then became "deer".

At "year" 7 I introduced a hunter with a bag limit of 2 per year.
Here is the graph. Notice how after the hunter was introduced how the population leveled out. This will work no matter how many kids are in the class, but you may have to add another hunter or increase the bag limit.
e-mail me for more information

Old 10-09-2007, 03:21 PM
bigcountry

I always go back to God, and the Bible. To me, the Word of God is the ultimate truth and sharper than any two edged sword. You live in the Bible belt, so that might fly. Look for Peters vision on unclean food. OrIsaac when he asked his son to get him some game to eat. Or Levitical law where it calls for animals to be sacraficed. Or how Jesus ate fish and served meat to thousands. I mean this could be one side of the argument.

Gen 25
27The boys grew up, and Esau became a skillful hunter, a man of the open country, while Jacob was a quiet man, staying among the tents. 28Isaac, who had a taste for wild game, loved Esau, but Rebekah loved Jacob.

Or Gen 9:3
3Everything that lives and moves will be food for you. Just as I gave you the green plants, I now give you everything.

Old 10-09-2007, 03:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do some research on the internet and find out how much it costs your state and nation topay for car/deer accidents. I did this a couple years ago and the numbers were AWESOME!
Old 10-09-2007, 03:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Minnesota averages 19,000 car/deer accidents per year, causing 450 injuries and two deaths.

There are more than 1.5 million crashes involving deer each year which cause over one billion dollarsin damage, 150 of the deer collisions are fatal,
Old 10-09-2007, 03:37 PM

I cant find the exact number, but I heard something like hunters put over 500,000$ dollars into the economy each year. I will try to find the exact number.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:43 PM
Nontypical Buck

I cant find the exact number, but I heard something like hunters put over 500,000$ dollars into the economy each year. I will try to find the exact number.
you need some zeros behind that number...
Old 10-09-2007, 03:50 PM
Typical Buck

Its a form of putting food on your table that has had a chance to live a more normal life without all the chemicals and steroids that some farmers use today. Most game meat is healthier than anything you get in a store. Hunting is a great way to experience nature. People need to realize that before food was just magically at a grocery store that you actually had to go out and invest time and get your food. Most anti's can't associate the fact that a lot of hunters aren't there for the killing ofan animal they are there because they are hunters. Hunters hunt not kill. There is a difference.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:51 PM
Typical Buck

[/align]Carrying capacity. Disease. Hit by car crashes. when people stop living so long and reproducing so well,and When we stop robbing these animals of their habitat; we may be able to reduce the amount of deer taken each year. Until the same people that are building these fancy home on the outskirts of town realize they are part of the problem; we will need to continue hunting more and more deer. It kills me, they don't want to be bothered with deer in their garden or in their roads but,they aren't willing to do what is necesary . People like that are the worst kind of coward. they are unwilling to do the right thing either way. Bottom line..... Somebody has to die.People or deer the choice is that simple. There are to many of both of us to exsist together.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Actually it is the Robertson-Pittman Act where we, as hunters, pay an exice tax to pay for wildlife projects. Search it, learn it, love it!!! Also the data is available for the insurance costs nearly 5 million dollars. Also look into the impact hunters have on some towns, with the hunting, lodging, foods, drink, etc.. Also look into the biological impact overgrazing has an land do to overcrowded animals. Also look into the damage wild hogs do, especially in Hawaii (SP?). There is tons of info out there but you have to do the legwork.

Quick Reply: alright need you help for school

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.