Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Military question >

Military question

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Military question

Old 10-09-2007, 01:02 PM
Fork Horn

Default Military question

edit
Old 10-09-2007, 01:09 PM

Default RE: Military question

i just got out of the army.so i will TRY and get some for you.
Old 10-09-2007, 01:13 PM

I think that's a no-no now based on some Soldiers getting derogatory letters. I would find an organization that does care packages for the troops and I am sure they could help you out. Try this:

http://www.anysoldier.com/
Old 10-09-2007, 04:10 PM
Fork Horn

[edit
Old 10-09-2007, 04:26 PM
Fork Horn

Because too many people ask for addreses and then act like Jane Fonda when they get the info... TUST ME!. As for the school project, go to anysoldier.com. If you need any help with your school project PM me and i will give you my personal phone number.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:30 PM
Nontypical Buck

Badger Girl93 - Due to security issues concerning the men and women currently serving in combat areas overseas, I would suggest that you have your teacher assign some other assignment. Our men and women overseas and their families back here in the states have recently been receiving death threats. To ask on a public forum where your identity cannot be confirmed could bring suspicion upon yourself and make military personnel very uneasy. It would have been better to check with your state's national guard to see if they would have soldiers/sailors/airmen contact you for your project. I am sure you would have gotten contacts. Good luck.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:34 PM
Fork Horn

edit
Old 10-10-2007, 06:31 AM
Fork Horn

ORIGINAL: Badger_Girl93

I understand that some people misuse the info...that doesn't make it a no-no for decent people to share information if they so choose. It just means that those who abuse it are idiots.

is it against the law? i doubt it.

is it everyone's personal choice whether or not to help me out?...yes, i suppose it is.

ORIGINAL: muzzyshooter

Because too many people ask for addreses and then act like Jane Fonda when they get the info... TUST ME!. As for the school project, go to anysoldier.com. If you need any help with your school project PM me and i will give you my personal phone number.
Actual addresses of soldiers is a touchy thing due to todays society. It is unfortunate that you are coming to a bit of a spead bump in your school project. I am sure it is a comendable project and like i said before i would be willing to help if i only knew a few more specifics.

Have you tried your local VFW, American Legion or recruiting office? They can often help with things like this. You never know who has a son or daughter over there and they may also be willing to help if you were to sit down with them in person and let them get to know about you and your project. Asking for addresses of military personel on a public forum where no one realy knows you is a tough way to go about it.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:03 AM
Fork Horn

Emily - You may want to try your local churches -- many have members who are deployed or who have family members deployed. I also second the information about trying your local National Guard office and the previously mentioned veterans groups.

In addition to "anysoldier.com" I would recommend http://booksforsoldiers.com/-- this last one is a forum where military members can post request for specific items and provide their addresses.

Operational security dictates that only the service member can give out their address - meaning that no one else can give it out for them without their permission. In the world of letter bombs and anthrax in envelopes, writing soldiers who are deployed has gotten a lot more difficult.

It is also possible, with a little research, to find the address of specific units who are deployed to the war zone. Check the newspaper or news reports for unit identities, then do a web search for the unit web page. There will usually be a general information address (usually the Chaplain or pulic affairs officer). They have programs to deliver mail to Soldiers who may need it.

Another option would be to contact your local Veterans Administration Hospital and see if you can do something for the men and women there. These veterans are frequently overlooked and need some help in their long road to recovery, and every positive letter or card helps -- visits help even more.

Good luck with your project.
Old 10-10-2007, 07:44 AM
Fork Horn

edit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.