Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Oh dear....snakes? >

Oh dear....snakes?

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Oh dear....snakes?

Old 10-09-2007, 07:39 PM

Default RE: Oh dear....snakes?

i cant even believe this is a discussion....
Old 10-09-2007, 07:43 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Oh dear....snakes?

Oh my...I think I need to clear this one up a little bit.

1. We do kill all poisonous snakes we find at this particular property because it is a family farm and every day of warm weather there will usually be some kids and young women with the horses. They take the horses out and ride them, and we were on our four-wheelers on one of the paths they usually take on horses and this snake was laying almost in the middle of the path on the edge of a field.

2. He struck at one of the four wheeler's tires after we had seen him and dismounted, but left the four-wheeler running. Needless to say, the dismounting of the four-wheeler next to the snake was a quick one lol. He was very agressive, and he actually had plenty of chances to leave the scene. Hell, we just watched him for about 10 minutes, and when we tried to get closer to the four-wheelers he would rattle. We threw stuff at him trying to get him to leave, and he wouldn't. Don't forget, I said we were unarmed. We weren't planning on killing it when we found it, but it was very aggressive.