Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 update on fawn in distress! >

update on fawn in distress!

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

update on fawn in distress!

Old 10-08-2007, 09:20 PM

Default update on fawn in distress!

well a couple weeks ago i posted a question asking if anyone had any luck with the fawn in distress call. not to many people replied so i dont think there was much luck. as some of you know my best friend (nwtrykon87)and i killed 2 deer saturday night. well after i shot my doe, i decided to try the fawn in distress call, LET ME TELL YOU!!!!!! i have never seen anything like it. i had 3 large does, leave their fawns and came right under my stand. they looked around for at least 1/2 hour and just wondered back where they came from. it was awesome! anyone else try it?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:22 PM

Default RE: update on fawn in distress!

Haven't tried it, but I'm interested.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:25 PM
Typical Buck

I seen a guy use it on tv and got the same responses as you described.

what kind of call were you using?
Old 10-08-2007, 09:30 PM

i have tried a couple in the past but nothing sounds better then the HS STRUT ... it has a crisp sound and works great. i would recomend trying it at least once to everyone. i dont think it effects bucks either, 2 years ago i tried it and had a buck come in right under my stand. i dont know if it was because of the call or not. but it was only 2 minutes or so after i blew the call.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

I had 2 does in a feild today and i didnt really go full distress more like desparation, they coulda cared less. maybe ill try full distress cyrin like a baby style.
Old 10-08-2007, 09:40 PM

thats what i did, at first i didnt blow it hard, they didnt respond so i figured what the hey? it sounded like a baby crying, as soon as they heard they came running.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Typical Buck

I tried it one time after seeing it work on Primos. I had a coyote get 5 yards from me then see me on the ground...... I wasnt hidden cause I didnt think it was actually going to work. I will give it a try this weekend on a hunting trip that I have planned.
Old 10-08-2007, 10:12 PM

What method are you guys using when doing this? Like short loud burst? Or long loud cry? How long of a call sequence? I have tried it a few times, but not sure if I am doing it right, have heard people like you say it is great, but not sure how the tone should sound?
Old 10-09-2007, 03:35 AM
Dominant Buck

Back in the early days the Hunting the country gang and the Primos gang had some fantastic videos of the fawn in distress call pulling in deer. I mean they just came running in. Never tried it myself but saw first hand it can work great. They all prefered to use it in the early season
Old 10-09-2007, 04:02 AM
Typical Buck

I've never used it, but I've heard it!! I jumped a doe and a couple fawns, and one of the fawns bolted in theopposite direction! I swear it sounded like that fawn was screaming MOM MOM MOM!!

Quick Reply: update on fawn in distress!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.