Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Thermocell

Old 10-09-2007, 07:43 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Thermocell

I bought one last week and used it over the weekend. It was awesome. There was no way I could have stayed out there without it. It does take about 10-15 minutes to start working really well, so you might want to fire it up on the way to your stand.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

I just started using one this year. Best thing in the world for bugs. It is now in my hunting bag for any trip to the woods.
Old 10-09-2007, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

OK, since someone else brought it up... Any hints on getting the thing to start quickly? I took mine out tonight, popped in the butane canister and inserted the blue mat. Turned it to "on" and pushed the start button half a dozen times. I finally put it away because the darn button was too loud for my tastes clicking it like that. Once or twice, would have been fine, but it seemed awfully loud clicking it that many times so I put it back in my bag.

Suggestions?
After you switch it on, you have to give the butane a few seconds to fill the chamber. Then, youonly need to push the button one or twice. Just make sure you look through the little peep hole on top. Sometimes, I don't hear it light, but I see it.

This is the best thing that money can buy!! I was out the other night and the mosquitoes were at bay...untilI turned the Thermacell off for the walk back, becauseI thought I hadgotten clear of them.Those little buggers were on me like white on rice! [:@]lol
Old 10-09-2007, 09:25 AM
Giant Nontypical

Thanks for the help, guys... I knew I could count on HNI!!

I looked, but I think I had already thrown the box and everything away so it's much appreciated.
Old 10-09-2007, 03:54 PM
Giant Nontypical

Upon further review, I think it's because this Thermacell doesn't work. I've tried everything... I'll exchange it and start fresh!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:00 PM

ORIGINAL: Greg / MO

Upon further review, I think it's because this Thermacell doesn't work. I've tried everything... I'll exchange it and start fresh!
I had one from last year that I had to return because the button broke and wouldnt light. It could be what happened to yours. If it doesnt make the annoying clicking sound like lighting a gas grill it is probably broken.
Old 10-09-2007, 04:03 PM
Giant Nontypical

It makes that sound, MO... but there's no spark or anything inside when I look in -- either down that little hole or from underneath. I had it in my car today as I drove around from hospital to hospital making sales calls... I bet I pushed that button 50 times!
Old 10-09-2007, 04:14 PM
Nontypical Buck

I posted about this very same topic last week. They say it works, I haven't ha the chance to try mine out yet since the weather had started to decline. Wal-Mart has them for $24.95 with a $5.00 rebate coupon, Cabelas has them for $31.00 (go figure)............

Old 10-09-2007, 04:19 PM
Typical Buck

They also have the compact models now. They say they protect just as much area they just last 8 hrs instead of 12. THey sell for 9.99 at bass pro.