Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Slic-Trick failed me...sort of. >

Slic-Trick failed me...sort of.

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Slic-Trick failed me...sort of.

Old 10-08-2007, 04:03 PM

Default RE: Slic-Trick failed me...sort of.

Ok, by the way I titled this mabey I did suggest it was the tricks, dident mean for it to sound that way.......and I m telling ya it was 1/4 mile no bs. When I gutted her I looked at her lungs.
Old 10-08-2007, 05:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

yeah on saturday i bought my first pack of muzzy's and i got the six pack just cuz i know they are good
Old 10-08-2007, 06:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

IF the blades were dull this would be the problem of no blood. Were you using the older tricks or newer ones? I heard the older ones had blade sharpness issues( i can't testify to this just something i heard), but since going to the Soligen blades i have heard only good things, and i have six Muzzy's in my quiver right and still admit the tricks are an awsome head. Look forward to trying them this offseason, just hope that the O.S. doesn't come to quick!!!
Old 10-09-2007, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

It's not the broadhead. It's shot placement. You probably had a high lung hit. Was the cavity full of blood when you opened her up? High lung hits tend to give worse blood trails because it takes time for the chest to fill up with blood and spill out.

I had the best blood trail of my life with slick tricks. Take a look. I love posting this link. I do it every chance I get LOL . Great memories....

Warning - Graphic pics ahead....

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=1725876&mpage=1&key=&#172588 6
Old 10-09-2007, 07:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

A new bow and new broadhead because of no blood?? (better check your release too lol) I shot a buck last year that had a complete pass thru and the buck ran 35 yards and died. Perfect shot. 1 spot of blood...thats it. I didnt think the words "Slick Tricks failed me" could go together in a sentence.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:37 AM
Spike

I agree with kd,--I shot a button buck this past saturday (thought it was a small doe) 20 yd shot 2/3 up the chest and out behind the opposite shoulder blade. Very little blood at the impact site and very little blood up to about 10 yds from where I found him.--He went 25 yrd and died immediately--You cannot ask for anything more from a broadhead. Perfect flight, hits where you aim, sharp and sturdy. Yes, there wasn't a good blood trail at all, but I had no trouble finding the deer--

Mike
Old 10-09-2007, 07:42 AM

Shot my first bow deer last Sat. Used a Slick Trick on Beman ICS 400's. Not much of a blood trail but didnt need one as she piled up at 30 yds. I will attempt to post pics.

Old 10-09-2007, 07:46 AM

Exit hole

Old 10-09-2007, 07:48 AM

Inside

Old 10-09-2007, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

My first thought is have you been practicing a lot with the slicks by shooting them into a target and dulling the blades? I shot a wild boar over the weekend with one of my slicks and the boar was only able to run 20 yards, 30 yards max, before it had to lay down. The damage that the slicks did was pretty amazing...

Quick Reply: Slic-Trick failed me...sort of.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.