Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Buck Down In PA!!!! >

Buck Down In PA!!!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Buck Down In PA!!!!

Old 10-04-2007, 09:18 PM

Default Buck Down In PA!!!!

Hey guys,

Tonight I put the smack down on a buck. He's not one of the big ones that I was after, but he is a buck that I have had a histroy with since last summer. We saw him several times last year as a 1.5 year old 2X1. He had a fork with a spike that was a little bladed so we gave him the nickname of "blade". Well, this evening I was sitting in stand and I had a doe and a button buck straight below me, 2 more doe and another button buck about 20 yards from me and while focusing on them "blade" walked out into the clearing. He was at about 70 yards when I saw him, this was at around 5:55 p.m. He was headed my way but he was eating acorns so he was taking his good old time. At 6:35 he was finally at 17 yards broadside and I decided that I wanted to take him out of the herd. I drew back, settled my pin, and slowlysqueezed the release. I watched my arrow sail a little highandwhenit connected he fell straight to the ground. I grabbed my quiver, pulled another arrowout, nocked it and drew back butby this time he was done. He is one of the two bucks that we saw last year that we wanted removed, and I got the other buck last season. He has a normal side with 3 points, and he still has his "blade" but it has two kickers off of it now so he is a 6 point. He isn't one of the big guys, but I am happy with him and he is going to help fill up my empty freezer! I'll score him and enter him tomorrow, I am pretty spent after dragging him 150 yards to the truck, skinning, and quartering him tonight. This 83 degree weather while archery hunting stinks. Well, here are the pics...

P.S. My Rocket Strictnine broadhead hit him in the spine and passed through it and took out a lung, he broke the arrow when he fell and while he was thrashing around he managed to put a slice in his other lung and the top of his heart. I was very suprised to see the all the blades were still intact but they were bent badly.

And my fiance Tiffany and I with him, she was hunting with me, she saw a total of 7 deer tonight, 5 were doe and she couldn't tell what the other 2 were.

Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 PM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Buck Down In PA!!!!

Hey you put a Rob buck down. Congratulations Buck, I'll look for the entry tomorrow and enter him. Good luck scoring him, he's got character. I guess since you shot a Rob buck, I'll have to put down a big old typical.
Typical Buck

Good story and nice pics. Congrats on the buck. I'm still waiting to see horn
Super Moderator

Awesome congrats...
Old 10-04-2007, 09:23 PM

Cool lookin little rack on him. Congrad's, any deer with a bow is a trophy, be proud!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:25 PM
Site Bouncer

Way to go!!!! Great deer and chalk another up for team 6!!!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

Congrats, I can slightly relate......how 'bout it Matt
Old 10-04-2007, 09:37 PM

Ouch, that one hurt Frank I gotta warn you though, Matt's already on my bad side, I don't know if you wanna make my "list". I don't think you two wanna deal with the wrath of Buck Magnet.

Rob, I wish you the best of luck, I figured that you would love this little guy. As soon as I got down and looked at him you crossed my mind

Thanks everyone, I truly appreciate it, like I said, not my biggest, but I am more than happy and proud of him!
Old 10-04-2007, 09:44 PM
Typical Buck

Congrat's Team Mate...Nice buck.. and great pic's..
Old 10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congrats on the buck, Buck. He will make for some good eating.

Quick Reply: Buck Down In PA!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.