Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 PINK Treestand!! >

PINK Treestand!!

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

PINK Treestand!!

Old 10-06-2007, 07:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: PINK Treestand!!

Wow...if that was the case and I found out who done it....man oh man....it would be on like donkey kong......esp. if it was during hunting season.

During the summer...i would just laugh.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:30 PM

I don't care who you are, that there is funny.....
Old 10-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Fork Horn

Id leave it pink, and kill a deer out of it. That would be a slap in the face to them. GOOD LUCK!!!
Old 10-06-2007, 09:41 PM
Fork Horn

Hmmm...They make camo in women's sizes now and there are more and more women in the woods. You could be on to something there.

Wayne
Old 10-07-2007, 03:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: stickler

Hmmm...They make camo in women's sizes now and there are more and more women in the woods. You could be on to something there.

Wayne
Why not just get that pink and brown camo stuff that girls are wearing around town to match the stand? That would be awesome...not really, but funny.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:32 AM
Typical Buck

put in a camera and try and catch the people who did this....you could go and paint ozone killer on the side of their car, or carrotkiller on the side of their house......
Anyway, I think you should be extremely lucky that Paris Hilton made the effort to come to your stand !!!

We could start catching wolves and painting them pink, makes sense dunnit ?

F.
Old 10-07-2007, 03:36 AM

"Anyway, I think you should be extremely lucky that Paris Hilton made the effort to come to your stand !!! "

That would be nice.....Well there goes my concentration on the deer!
Old 10-07-2007, 06:14 AM
Fork Horn

Shoot about a 180 class 10 pt from the stand, then have a photo-op of you, the deer, and the stand. Betcha Bass Pro will be selling Real-Tree Pink within a year
Old 10-07-2007, 06:17 AM
Fork Horn

If that was done by a friend, who needs enemies? I don't know what I'd do, repainting the stand durring season is just going to stink up the area more.I would definitly call the local law enforcement and report it ASAP.
Did they leave any other clues behind? Trail they walked in on, walked out, maybe an area they parked?
If you think about it, how many people take a can od pink spray paint for a walk in the woods? The wouldn't unless they had a plan for the pink spray paint, i.e. your deer stand. I would guess that this attack was premeditated and I would also guess it won't be the last time.
About 15 years ago we had a similuar thing happen, someone spraypainted bambi killer on several stands and even an old shed. That whole season we never knew what to expect, they stole bolts and belts from ladder stands so they weren't safe to climb, they spraypainted salt licks and spread human hair all around the ground, must have cleaned out a barber shop. One night we had 3 deer hanging over night, they cut them down and poored motor oil all over them......PETA written in the grass with oil.
When we stopped hunting the vandalized stands and started hunting another farm, the vandals followed, killed 6 viel calfs with ANTIFREEZE in there water, and started the woods on fire while we were hunting. Around that same time period, PETA was also harrassing hunters on public land not too far away, walking public land, banging on pots and pans. We saw what was going on, actually drove around and recruited hunters from the hunting ground parking lots and made a plan to let PETA drive the deer to us.
In 1 drive, we put 14 deer down thanks to PETA. Talking to some people in the area, they were saying PETA's plan was to prevoke physical violence by making hunters mad. They wanted a hunter to shoot one of them or attack one of them for the publicity! There plan backfired when THEY lost there tempers when realizing they just scared 14 deer right into our guns. Thank God every hunter kept his/her cool, and that there plan didn't work.
This might be a one time thing or it might be the start of something bigger. You need to report it and nip it in the butt ASAP. Chances are if they felt they got away with it, they'll do it again or keep harrassing you until they get what they want, or get caught. They'd rather burn your woods down than let you hunt there rather poison your animals than to let you own them. BAMBI KILLER is a PETA trade mark. It was PETA members who did it to us 15 years ago.
Please be cautious and if nothing else, take pictures and document what's happened and when, and report it. It could be nothing more than a bad joke but "bambi killer" is no joke. Those are hate words, I'd call it a hate crime, and would treat it as such until prooved otherwise. Some of the anti hunter fanatics are dangerous. First pink spray paint, then missing bolts and strapps, and who knows where it ends? Protect yourself and don't let them pravoke you into doing something illeagal or stupid.
Parris Hilton? More like Pamala Anderson and her PETA people. Either way you got sabre toothed crotch critters in your woods and you need to get rid of 'em. .
Old 10-07-2007, 07:26 AM

preesh wack - that was a story worth reading.

Quick Reply: PINK Treestand!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.