HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   Louisiana Doe Down!! (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/210524-louisiana-doe-down.html)

LouisianaTomkat 10-05-2007 08:28 PM

Louisiana Doe Down!!

Well, I finally got my first with a bow. 5:45 this evening climbed in my stand. Got settled in but stressed. I had a power fail and high temp at one of my Cell Sites. I was worried my hunt would soon be interrupted by a vibrating pager. Hot too. Regardless, I had a perfect wind finally for this stand and I was gonna hunt. I took out my cell phone and started to text message another Tech to see if he would go check on my cell site trouble. My bow hanging on the hanger. 6:10 PM , I look up and their is a mature doe 15 yds looking straight at me. Here I am with phone in hand and bow on hanger. I just close my eyes and pray she gets her head behind something. I open my eyes and here comes another, and another, and another, and another. 5 Does total now at 15yds. All looking in my direction. Cell phone still in hand, bow on hanger. I close my eyes once more and say another prayer. They are just milling around every now and then looking straight at me. Perfect wind. It's now or never. I wait till the 2 mature does have their heads turned, quickly slide my phone in my shirt pocket and left hand to my bow. Dangit, one is looking directly at me. Slow, slow, Slower. I get the bow around. I catch a yearling at 17 or 18 yds broadside standing still. I draw. 3 deer look up. They still don't know what I am. I pick a spot right in the crease. Let it fly. Watch the fletching disappear. Complete passthru and about a 50 yd track with my son right by my side. What an evening to be in a tree.

Slick Trick 100gr did the job excellent. I am a believer. Thanks to all here who have always gave me the answers and confidence I needed to pull this off. Now on to the buck for this years contest.

LT

Bullet Hole Bailey 10-05-2007 08:30 PM

RE: Louisiana Doe Down!!

WAY-TO-GO-MAN!!!!!!!

Tikka 30-06 10-05-2007 08:32 PM

Great Deer!! Always nice to share a kill with family. CONGRATS!!

jmbuckhunter 10-05-2007 08:40 PM

Nice shot LT. That's right where you want to put it. Looks like some fine eatin.

Sliverflicker 10-05-2007 08:40 PM

Congrats on your first and good shot .

Rob/PA Bowyer 10-05-2007 08:45 PM

LT, dude congratulations my friend, great job....NICE

8pt~Bowhunter 10-05-2007 08:49 PM

Congrats on your deer! It looks like you made a great shot.:D

mobow 10-05-2007 08:54 PM

At's how to do it!!! Nicely done, sir! Nicely done!!! Take lots and lots of good pictures. You'll only have one first.......We're proud of ya, good job.

Wheatley 10-05-2007 08:54 PM

Nice shot LT. Congrats on the first. No it's time for them bucks to walk by;)

stickler 10-05-2007 08:58 PM

Good Job! Congrats on your first bow kill