HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Bowhunting (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting-18/)
-   -   You guys ever hear a bobcat scream?? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/bowhunting/210458-you-guys-ever-hear-bobcat-scream.html)

fatsbucknut 10-05-2007 11:39 AM

You guys ever hear a bobcat scream??

First of all i'm hunting in Gettysburg, which is supposed to be haunted anyway. First time at this spot, cant find my tree. Then i hear that god awful scream only about 20 yards away.There's a definitechance that i pee'dmyself a little bit.I had to of broke some kind of land speed record; climber off my back and up arandom tree all in about 30 seconds tops. I know a bobcat would never attack but at the time i wasnt thinkin bobcat i was thinkin boogie man. I ended up staying in that tree and passed up two cake shots at nice doe's and had a buck grunting below me before daylight. Funny how things turn out. Anyone else ever heard that noise?

GR8atta2d 10-05-2007 11:45 AM

RE: You guys ever hear a bobcat scream??

I've heard a bobcat back into the side of a shed..oops long story..nevermind!

SteveO KanevO 10-05-2007 11:45 AM

yeah after I shot one. hehe. A fox also makes a wierd hoarse noise. Its like a bark but high pitched and really scratchy. There used to be a den of foxes behind my house and since I lived down stairs they would wonder up and eat my dog's food and of course bark quite a bit. It sounds like a person screaming just shortened. quote" HAAAAAAAAAH!......."HAAAAAAAAAAH!" unquote. Yeah like that.

hnt24.7 10-05-2007 11:45 AM

lol
That scream is awful:D:D

Bucky10 10-05-2007 12:00 PM

It will stand the hair up on the back of your neck!!!!!!!!

Mihna 10-05-2007 12:10 PM

no and i dont care to hear one either, i think i would pee myself also.

cynikalHC 10-05-2007 12:17 PM

LOL!!! I have never heard one before and by the story I dont think I wan to.

LebeauHunter 10-05-2007 12:18 PM

Yeah, I heard one scream about 25-30 yards away as I was climbing my ladder stand in the pitch dark
and I almost fell off. I was glad I didn't have to keep walking. We have a lot of bobcats but it's
the only time I heard one. I saw him too at daylight (biggest one I've ever seen - mounted and live),
but couldn't get a shot.

A bobcat won't attack a human on purpose, I've heard a few rumors of turkey hunters getting attacked
by accident on the ground.

acurtis 10-05-2007 12:19 PM

last year when i was up north for the youth hunt i heard a bobcat and something else screaming and fighting it is kind of a freightening sound.

Jim_IV 10-05-2007 12:25 PM

I have seen and heard two bobcats um..........making love. I know that sounds far fetched but two years ago about 60 yards from my stand they were running around and acting playful. Next thing I know they're doing the dirty. One of the cats made a sound just like a house cat. "rrrrraaaaooooowwww"

I still laugh every time I sit in that stand. I didn't have the heart to shoot one of them, plus sixty yards is a long shot.