Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Camo Face Paint ( Wash Hunter) >

Camo Face Paint ( Wash Hunter)

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Camo Face Paint ( Wash Hunter)

Old 10-05-2007, 07:12 AM
Boone & Crockett

Default RE: Camo Face Paint ( Wash Hunter)

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I know Bob what your saying, I immediately pull mine down or out of the way instincively.
When do you pull it down? Wouldn't you want it on whena deer is in close?
nah, at that point, it's over for the deer. I only use a facemask for deer I don't know are there. Once I have them in my sights I use my bow for cover. I only pull on deer I'm going to shoot. (or shoot at ).
Old 10-05-2007, 12:05 PM
Fork Horn

[quote]ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

I know Bob what your saying, I immediately pull mine down or out of the way instincively.
When do you pull it down? Wouldn't you want it on whena deer is in close?
nah, at that point, it's over for the deer. I only use a facemask for deer I don't know are there. Once I have them in my sights I use my bow for cover. I only pull on deer I'm going to shoot. (or shoot at ).
[/quot

Same here, ill pull it down but I kind of tuck my face downward untill I take the shot.
Old 10-05-2007, 12:06 PM
Fork Horn

I do the same Rob
Old 10-05-2007, 03:12 PM

You may want to try costume makeup. It's scent free, hypoallergenic, cheap, and is made to withstand persperation. FWIW, I dragged this buck 3/4 mile before having this picture taken.

Hey Bobco....looks like it works very well. Got a link for the type you use? Nice buck.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:58 PM
Typical Buck

I use a full head cover with both eyes cut out including the strip that goes along the nose,i learned a long time ago that a mask with just individual eye holes the strip that covers the nose will obscureyour vision.I also use one that I can tie tight around my head.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:06 PM
Fork Horn

I dont like masks for bowhunting either. Only time I wear one is when it gets really cold. I have never had a problem with using camo face paint.
Old 10-05-2007, 08:12 PM
Host of Hosts

I just returned from on the the local Marts. I went to the Halloween costume dept. and foung tubes of black, brown and green at .97 each. I bought them and openened them up when I got home and there is no smell to it at all. I will try some out and see how easily it comes off. I'll post again tommorrow after I try it. Thanks for all the input
Old 10-05-2007, 09:10 PM
Giant Nontypical

I have always used a mask, as much for mosquitoes as anything else...I too pull my mask down to shoot, just want to feel the string against my nose and since I shoot fingers and anchor at the corner of my mouth, I don't want the mask getting in the way...

Since I bought a Thermacell a few years ago, no need for the mask, so I also started using face paint, again, see I used to wear it all the time, in the 70s....

Last Saturday I went to a bow shop in the area...Folks this isn't your "average" guy that owns the bow shop...He started it in '69 I believe he said and hunted and killed a moose with Fred Bear...In other words, he's a dang good bow hunter as well as the shop owner...I mentioned a mask to him...He doesn't use one...Does not use face paint as well....No beard, nothing...He doesn't want anything to bother the feel he has with his kisser button, etc....He says if you move slow and have the right set up, you don't need it...

Just wanted to pass that on.....

btw...When I went hunting Saturday afternoon.....I still put the face paint on...
Old 10-05-2007, 09:15 PM
Super Moderator

I use it and never had a smell... I used it today...
Old 10-09-2007, 08:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

red boar see pm

Quick Reply: Camo Face Paint ( Wash Hunter)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.