Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Piston Points

Old 10-04-2007, 12:22 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Piston Points

How is this for a trial run of the Piston Points. Killed her this morning in Iowa....

Old 10-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Nontypical Buck

Venison for the freezer....

Old 10-04-2007, 12:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

From the Cameraman's perspective - this doe is in big trouble!

Old 10-04-2007, 01:26 PM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

Venison for the freezer....

That's awesome, congrats on the doe. She's a fatty!
Old 10-05-2007, 04:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

I tested them for my website as well. I found them to be a solid head overall. They are not the last word in mechanical heads but they do work.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Oh, and I believe they were "Puckett's" Blood Trailers, and yes, they were junk!
I didn't know they were junk. What was wrong with them? I have four that came with some arrows I bought a while back, and they shot fine. I never took them hunting though.
Old 10-05-2007, 07:38 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: WKP Todd

From the Cameraman's perspective - this doe is in big trouble!

Do you have the link tothis hunt that you video taped? I would like to see it.What camera are you using? I recently bought a AGD-DVX100B and I love it. I still have a lot of learning to do..
Old 10-05-2007, 07:54 AM
Nontypical Buck

We got a couple dozen packs of them in at the shop and I looked at them closely last night. Overall, they seem like a good head. The only thing that catches my eye is the width (not thickness) of the blades seems to be fairly thin as compared to a Rage or other large diameter head and I would imagine where they fall short in 5-shots testing is durability. I'd be surprised to see them do well in the steel drum test. I know the owner ofour shop shot the heck out of them the other day though and super glued one in the closed position just tosee how they flew (so he didn't have to use lots of rubber bands) and they flew right with field points out to 50 yards. They did seem to hold up well to Todd's plywood test as well in his journal entry, so I'm sure they will work well and are a good head. I still don't know if I would move away from my Rage's for these but they do seem like they would get the job done.
Old 10-05-2007, 09:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

You will be able to see the video when our next DVD comes out! Sorry - that's how I afford to continuing to do this - but it will be available in February. We filmed it with a Sony PD-170, which takes beautiful footage!

As far as strength goes - they are stronger by design from tip to shaft. Simple physics.....
Old 10-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

ORIGINAL: 8pt~Bowhunter

ORIGINAL: HNIJustin

Oh, and I believe they were "Puckett's" Blood Trailers, and yes, they were junk!
I didn't know they were junk. What was wrong with them? I have four that came with some arrows I bought a while back, and they shot fine. I never took them hunting though.
They fail often leaving nothing but a puncher wound. DO NOT USE THEM.

Nice big FAT doe TODD...congrats.

Quick Reply: Piston Points

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.