Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 Relief in sight..but not this weekend >

Relief in sight..but not this weekend

Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

Relief in sight..but not this weekend

Old 10-05-2007, 04:55 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Relief in sight..but not this weekend

Man I know its hot guys but Ive seen more deer the past 2 days than I have in 14 previous hunts. I had 28 deer within 40 yards of my stand last night in a hardwwods/oak area, and the night before I had more than 30 with 2 shooters,One wasa monster but was at 45 -50 yards. Too bad, he would have beaten my 151" best buck by a good bit. Point being get out there, even in the heat, its certainly worth it. Ive been bringing a small plasic bag and changing under shirts once Im up in my stand to help with sweat.
Old 10-05-2007, 05:45 AM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Relief in sight..but not this weekend

I'm glad I don't have any vacation time scheduled this week for our VA archery opener, but I'll still do an afternoon hunt on Saturday regardles of the temp. It is supposed to be in the 80's. None of the trees I've prepared take advantage of any water sources, what there are of them this year[], on the land I'm hunting. With the warm weather, I'm a believer in the early morning or late evening and nothing in between. Acorn crop has been real spotty too because of the dry summer. I've been anticipating deer season for months now and I'm going to make the best of what I've got to work with. Whatever I can arrow I will, regardless of its size.