Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Archery Forums > Bowhunting
 I got to move from MD >

I got to move from MD

Community
Bowhunting Talk about the passion that is bowhunting. Share in the stories, pictures, tips, tactics and learn how to be a better bowhunter.

I got to move from MD

Old 10-04-2007, 09:22 AM

Default RE: I got to move from MD

If I read correctly, they are only out for illegal hunting on their property ? no ?

"And Smiling Buck. After he was struck with an arrow in the side of the head, he took the better part of a year to die. The medicated apples helped for a while, but the infection kept flaring up. It was awful to see him standing there with a rivulet of pus flowing down his neck ...."

But , I must say THIS IS "F' g " wrong of them!! Yes, sorry the hunter took a really really bad shot or the buck jumped... but to let him slowly die over a year.. They are trash for this.. letting him suffer
Old 10-04-2007, 09:29 AM
Giant Nontypical

There is a lump of something brown way out in a neighbor's field. It could be a downed deer, or it could be a crouching man with a taste for fawn meat, the sort of predator who shot Smiling Buck a year ago. Feinberg whips out a pair of binoculars. If it is an illegal hunter, she'll call the state Department of Natural Resources, but she'll also confront him herself, scream, guard a deer's body with her own if she has to.

The hunched shape turns out to be a pile of leaves.
Could help but laugh.
Old 10-04-2007, 09:33 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: BobCo19-65

There is a lump of something brown way out in a neighbor's field. It could be a downed deer, or it could be a crouching man with a taste for fawn meat, the sort of predator who shot Smiling Buck a year ago. Feinberg whips out a pair of binoculars. If it is an illegal hunter, she'll call the state Department of Natural Resources, but she'll also confront him herself, scream, guard a deer's body with her own if she has to.

The hunched shape turns out to be a pile of leaves.
Could help but laugh.
I wonder if they'll start a neighborhood leaf patrol to catch all the leaves coming off of the trees this fall so they don't suffer when they hit the ground?!?
Old 10-04-2007, 09:54 AM

ORIGINAL: Rob/PA Bowyer

My question is, WHY IS THIS NEWS? How pathetic but not unusual from a liberal leftist newspaper like that. Sad.[:'(]
Man, this kind of "news" are freaking SICK!!!!!!!!!![:@][:'(][][&:]
Old 10-04-2007, 10:03 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: quiksilver

I wasn't defending the article. I was just pointing out that BC was crying about how these evil lesbians were patrolling their property and blaspheming the hunting community. Meanwhile, all of which are things that they're well within their rights to do.He's on the right-wing extreme, soI waskindly pointing out the hypocrisy from that perspective.

Now, I'll defend the article.

I just don't see the anti-hunter bias.The author practically makes this lesbian couple out to be guerilla anti-hunting terrorist nutjobs. It's actually very well-written and comical in some respects.

First of all: Do you think the author had to point out that these women were lesbians? Nope. But shedid. Do you think they could've gotten a better picture of Enid and Lierra? Absolutely. But instead, the author chose to use the photo where Enid looks like a total psycho with wild eyes and crazy hair...and her girlfriend is wieldingsome kind of sledge hammer. Obviously,the authorwas trying to say "Seriously, what is this world comingto?" Look at these crazy people.

I liked how she pointed out that Enid talks to the deer, and calls them her "Sweeties." LMAO Another good nugget was when the author made a special note that Lierra is a crazy cat lady - with a home with a specially-designed catwalk for her feline friends.

This article definitelyisn't "anti-hunting" propaganda. It's a humorous article about two neurotic lesbians who have become obsessed with defending wildlife, and have pushed it to ridiculous limits. This wasn't an anti-hunting article. It was aJerry Springer episode in pen.We took a couple of whackos, pretended to beinterested in their plight, while we publicly made fun of them, and they were none-the-wiser.
How you ever made it thru a college basket weaving program is beyond me. Totally clueless as usual.

Old 10-04-2007, 10:13 AM

All i have to say is i feel sorry for their neighbor who bowhunts... He must get an EARFULL of bull crap from those two.
Old 10-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-to.deer01oct01,0,196710.story

What is it about this freaking state. I moved here 10 years ago, and I still feel like a foreigner in a strange land.
adios bigcountry!! have a safe trip wherever!

Too bad you didnt know theonly tree huggers in the US live only in MD before you moved here LOL. sheesh
Old 10-04-2007, 11:16 AM
bigcountry

ORIGINAL: Diesel77

ORIGINAL: bigcountry

http://www.baltimoresun.com/entertainment/bal-to.deer01oct01,0,196710.story

What is it about this freaking state. I moved here 10 years ago, and I still feel like a foreigner in a strange land.
adios bigcountry!! have a safe trip wherever!

Too bad you didnt know theonly tree huggers in the US live only in MD before you moved here LOL. sheesh
did I hurt your MD pride? I am sorry if I hurt your feelings. Sheesh, andMD guysare sensitive too inMD.[8D]

Old 10-04-2007, 11:54 AM
Fork Horn

I know a few guys from maryland and they are big on anti hunting this way too, im not sure if theyre gay but they are a little on the fruity side
Old 10-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

Ok, I'm not going to bash homosexuals or vegans, although I disagree with both. The article is written with a definite slant. The overuse of adjectives in describing the wounded deer, the obvious lack of judgement in shot placement sighted, the lack of a counter opinion or factual statistics such as car/deer collisions all seem to be aimed at creating a negative image for hunters. It's sloppy journalism at best, but it's more like sensationalism. The sad thing is some of this bad press is earned. There has to be a grain of truth in order for it to be believeable. We all grouse on here about trespassers and having our gear stolen by fellow "Hunters". So if we, of the brotherhood, have complaints about our "compatriots" how much more so than people who have little or no understanding of hunting? Trespassing to hunt is wrong. Poaching is wrong. We can all stand behind these women on that, and a quote along those lines from a responsible hunter would have been a good addition in that article, but that wouldn't have fit the writers agenda, and to be frank was probably too much work anyway. Most journalists today are lazy. Too many times I've seen things reported that just a hint of research would have shown was erroneous. Most papers just parrot the AP and other news sources and pay a small staff of junior journalism grads, and aspiring authors, to fill the gaps with puff peaces like this. Quicksilver I agree the author went out of her (and not to be sexist but it definitely reads like a female author piece. I can imagine she went through a box of Kleenex writing it.) way to identify those things you mentioned. But what you don't realize is that in some circles, probably the target audience, these are badges of honor, not something to be laughed at. Notice the name dropping; Manhattan, Westminster, New York-based sales job, they have a well-to-do house and lifestyle. They are creative, designed their own house, tele commuters, they're green...they're hip. It screams "These are the good guys!" The editor who let this dribble pass should be ashamed.